Sex for Botox: Patient “whinnying” for Sex with Surgeon
By Athena Yenko | February 17, 2014 2:54 PM EST
A "reputable" cosmetic surgeon in Sydney, Dr Fabian Baez, had been found guilty of professional misconduct for employing a sex for Botox operation among his four female patients. All patients were found to be young or psychologically vulnerable, one with bipolar disorder.
Dr Baez was a medical director of the International Centre for Cosmetic Medicine and supervisor of the Academy of Hair transplantation.
In one case heard by the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal, Mr Baez was found to have sex with his patient for three times in exchange for one session of Botox injections. The victim was his patient since 1999. He was then a general practitioner and treating the patient for bipolar affective disorder.
The patient told court that prior to putting the clinical mask with anaesthesia over her face, Mr Baez had a meaningful smile on his face. She remembered him telling her, "Put this on. We are going to be having a party with this. You are going to have a good time." During her follow-up check-up, Dr Baez touched her bikini line and once again meaningfully smiled while saying "When I was working on this area we were both having a good time."
A nurse present during the procedure testified that the patient started acting differently the moment the anaesthesia took effect. The nurse said that the patient giggled uncontrollably, threw her back, kicked and neighed like a horse.
The misconduct happened at a beauty salon called Devine Imaging where Mr Baez was a partner. Owner of the salon, Patricia Devine, provided court with evidences showing that Dr Baez had acquired about $100,000 of cosmetic procedures.
Dr Baez denied all the accusation saying he did not know the patient who was charging him with misconduct.
But the tribunal ruled in favour of the victim
"The sexual exploitation of any patient is a matter of grave concern. The exploitation of a patient with known mental health issues is of even greater concern," the tribunal said.
Dr Baez was also found guilty of sexual harassment to a 25-year-old patient during a liposuction procedure and guilty of an extramarital affair with another woman.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- WHO Races to Release Ebola Serum in 2 Weeks, Vaccines in January
- Canadian Ebola Drug: Tekmira Firm Starts Limited Manufacturing of Vaccine, Available By December; Shares Up
- Final 2014 Solar Eclipse: When And How To Safely View It Plus Where To Watch Online Via Live Stream
- Britons Advised to Brace for Strong Hurricane Gonzalo Bearing Winds Up to 75mph; Affects Flights, Train Services
- MH370 Search Update: Australian Scientist Has Reportedly Found A Solution To The Mystery Of Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier