Sex for Botox: Patient “whinnying” for Sex with Surgeon
By Athena Yenko | February 17, 2014 2:54 PM EST
A "reputable" cosmetic surgeon in Sydney, Dr Fabian Baez, had been found guilty of professional misconduct for employing a sex for Botox operation among his four female patients. All patients were found to be young or psychologically vulnerable, one with bipolar disorder.
Dr Baez was a medical director of the International Centre for Cosmetic Medicine and supervisor of the Academy of Hair transplantation.
In one case heard by the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal, Mr Baez was found to have sex with his patient for three times in exchange for one session of Botox injections. The victim was his patient since 1999. He was then a general practitioner and treating the patient for bipolar affective disorder.
The patient told court that prior to putting the clinical mask with anaesthesia over her face, Mr Baez had a meaningful smile on his face. She remembered him telling her, "Put this on. We are going to be having a party with this. You are going to have a good time." During her follow-up check-up, Dr Baez touched her bikini line and once again meaningfully smiled while saying "When I was working on this area we were both having a good time."
A nurse present during the procedure testified that the patient started acting differently the moment the anaesthesia took effect. The nurse said that the patient giggled uncontrollably, threw her back, kicked and neighed like a horse.
The misconduct happened at a beauty salon called Devine Imaging where Mr Baez was a partner. Owner of the salon, Patricia Devine, provided court with evidences showing that Dr Baez had acquired about $100,000 of cosmetic procedures.
Dr Baez denied all the accusation saying he did not know the patient who was charging him with misconduct.
But the tribunal ruled in favour of the victim
"The sexual exploitation of any patient is a matter of grave concern. The exploitation of a patient with known mental health issues is of even greater concern," the tribunal said.
Dr Baez was also found guilty of sexual harassment to a 25-year-old patient during a liposuction procedure and guilty of an extramarital affair with another woman.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFO Sighting in Australia: A Mysterious 'Flying' Object With Changing Colors Observed[Watch Video]
- Volcano Eruption In Iceland: Lava Erupts More Than 50 Meters High, Prompts Aviation Alert [Video]
- Stargazing: Saturn, Moon and Mars Meet Up Last August 31
- Walking Fish Reveal How Our Ancestors Evolved Onto Land (Watch Video)
- Bad Memories Can be Changed into Good Ones, Say Scientists
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying