Sex for Botox: Patient “whinnying” for Sex with Surgeon
By Athena Yenko | February 17, 2014 2:54 PM EST
A "reputable" cosmetic surgeon in Sydney, Dr Fabian Baez, had been found guilty of professional misconduct for employing a sex for Botox operation among his four female patients. All patients were found to be young or psychologically vulnerable, one with bipolar disorder.
Dr Baez was a medical director of the International Centre for Cosmetic Medicine and supervisor of the Academy of Hair transplantation.
In one case heard by the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal, Mr Baez was found to have sex with his patient for three times in exchange for one session of Botox injections. The victim was his patient since 1999. He was then a general practitioner and treating the patient for bipolar affective disorder.
The patient told court that prior to putting the clinical mask with anaesthesia over her face, Mr Baez had a meaningful smile on his face. She remembered him telling her, "Put this on. We are going to be having a party with this. You are going to have a good time." During her follow-up check-up, Dr Baez touched her bikini line and once again meaningfully smiled while saying "When I was working on this area we were both having a good time."
A nurse present during the procedure testified that the patient started acting differently the moment the anaesthesia took effect. The nurse said that the patient giggled uncontrollably, threw her back, kicked and neighed like a horse.
The misconduct happened at a beauty salon called Devine Imaging where Mr Baez was a partner. Owner of the salon, Patricia Devine, provided court with evidences showing that Dr Baez had acquired about $100,000 of cosmetic procedures.
Dr Baez denied all the accusation saying he did not know the patient who was charging him with misconduct.
But the tribunal ruled in favour of the victim
"The sexual exploitation of any patient is a matter of grave concern. The exploitation of a patient with known mental health issues is of even greater concern," the tribunal said.
Dr Baez was also found guilty of sexual harassment to a 25-year-old patient during a liposuction procedure and guilty of an extramarital affair with another woman.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Enhanced Footage Of NASA's Tether Incident Proves Aliens Exist, Say UFO Believers And Experts [Watch Video]
- Fung-Wong More Like Ketsana Than Haiyan; Kills 1, Displaces 470,000 Filipinos & Paralyses Metro Manila
- Philippines’s Mayon Volcano Shoots Lava & Hot Boulders
- Asteroid That Killed Dinosaurs Are Responsible For A Greener Earth
- It’s Haiyan All Over Again As Philippines Grapples With Heavy Rain, Floods
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown