Sex for Botox: Patient “whinnying” for Sex with Surgeon
By Athena Yenko | February 17, 2014 2:54 PM EST
A "reputable" cosmetic surgeon in Sydney, Dr Fabian Baez, had been found guilty of professional misconduct for employing a sex for Botox operation among his four female patients. All patients were found to be young or psychologically vulnerable, one with bipolar disorder.
Dr Baez was a medical director of the International Centre for Cosmetic Medicine and supervisor of the Academy of Hair transplantation.
In one case heard by the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal, Mr Baez was found to have sex with his patient for three times in exchange for one session of Botox injections. The victim was his patient since 1999. He was then a general practitioner and treating the patient for bipolar affective disorder.
The patient told court that prior to putting the clinical mask with anaesthesia over her face, Mr Baez had a meaningful smile on his face. She remembered him telling her, "Put this on. We are going to be having a party with this. You are going to have a good time." During her follow-up check-up, Dr Baez touched her bikini line and once again meaningfully smiled while saying "When I was working on this area we were both having a good time."
A nurse present during the procedure testified that the patient started acting differently the moment the anaesthesia took effect. The nurse said that the patient giggled uncontrollably, threw her back, kicked and neighed like a horse.
The misconduct happened at a beauty salon called Devine Imaging where Mr Baez was a partner. Owner of the salon, Patricia Devine, provided court with evidences showing that Dr Baez had acquired about $100,000 of cosmetic procedures.
Dr Baez denied all the accusation saying he did not know the patient who was charging him with misconduct.
But the tribunal ruled in favour of the victim
"The sexual exploitation of any patient is a matter of grave concern. The exploitation of a patient with known mental health issues is of even greater concern," the tribunal said.
Dr Baez was also found guilty of sexual harassment to a 25-year-old patient during a liposuction procedure and guilty of an extramarital affair with another woman.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Mars Unusual Feature: Alien Skull Buried In Martian Sand
- Seals In Antarctica Are Sexually Assaulting King Penguins
- Accidental Electrocution Makes 12-Year-Old Russian Boy ‘Magnetic’ Similar To X-Men Character
- Kid Discovers 100-million-year-old Marine Reptile Fossil
- Stephen Hawking's Facebook Posts Tell You How The Cosmologist Reacts To Movies On Him
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports