PS4 Now Cheaper in UK; Limited Edition PS4 'Metal Gear Solid V' Console; 'Deep Down’s' New Details
By Gel Galang | February 17, 2014 2:13 PM EST
As though the fact that the PS4 is constantly sold out in various retailers compared to the Xbox One is not enough, Sony's next-gen console is now cheaper by £20 than its original price of £349.99 in the UK, pulling it down to £329.97.
This is only a retailer-initiated price drop for GameStop, specifically in the UK, and it can only be availed of by buying the Standard Edition, with no games or additional accessories.
IGN reports that this is first time that the PS4 has been discounted, whereas the Xbox One has been enjoying discounts left and right in other retailers and even GameStop. It's a wonder, considering that the PS4 remains sold out despite its original price.
*One PS4 user is now able to have PS Plus for free until 2035: Check out the cool loophole here.
Is This the PS4's Contender to the Xbox One's 'Titanfall' Controller?
If the Xbox One had something going on like the "Titanfall" Xbox One controller going on for its system, it seems that Sony is determined not to lose even in this aspect.
A recent tweet from "Metal Gear Solid" series creator Hideo Kojima was obtained by GameSpot, and it suggested the possibility of a limited edition "Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes" PlayStation bundle.
Whether or not this pertains to an actual bundle of games or if it's a "Metal Gear Solid V"-themed PS4 console and DualShock 4 controller has not yet been confirmed. All that Mr Kojima has teased is the possibility that there may be a collaboration between Sony, PS4 and "Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes," based on what was tweeted by the creator as translated by DualShockers.
*"The Last of Us" patch is coming in time before the Left Behind DLC: Check out the details that come with the patch here.
'Deep Down' Details: Gameplay, Characters and More
More details on the free-to-play and PS4 exclusive game "Deep Down" have been revealed during the PS4 Lab live stream. DualShockers has gotten down to translating the information from producer Kazunori Sugiura.
*"Sons of Anarchy" is definitely going to be a game, and the series creator himself is already this excited: Read the full story here.
Among the things discussed include the lack of female playable characters, though only because of the way the story dictates it. The main story of "Deep Down" will also be divided into chapters, and players will be able to access four weapon types when the game launches. The rest will come in the form of updates, so that gamers can enjoy the first few weapons' differing gameplay styles.
Lastly, Remote Play for the PS Vita will be supported even with the free-to-play model. The biggest news here would have to be the lack of female characters.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- Xbox One Sales Gear Up in China And UK As October System Update Improves Hardware
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks