Google Nexus 10 2 Release Date on or before MWC 2014?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 17, 2014 2:02 PM EST
Google Nexus 10 2 release date may take place on or before the Mobile World Congress event later this month.
According to Android Origin, consumers can expect the Google Nexus 10 2 release date in the first quarter of this year and there is a strong chance that the device will be announced ahead the MWC event schedules on Feb. 24 in Barcelona.
Android 4.4.1 KOT49E update is available for Nexus 10.
The report added that Google Nexus 10 2 is the direct competitor of Apple's iPad and Samsung's Galaxy TabPRO and NOTEPro tablets. Thus, it will not take Google too long to announce it. If Google decided to skip the MWC event, it is possible for the company to hold its own event.
It was initially reported that Google Nexus 10 2 will be launched later this year as the next generation Nexus was speculated to arrive earlier than usual.
It is still unknown which company will take the helm in creating the new Nexus 10 2 tablet. There were rumours that HTC won the bid and will manufacture Google's 10-inch tablet. DigiTimes also stated that Google approached HTC to be in charge in manufacturing the tablet. There is also the possibility that Samsung will retain its position as the manufacturer of the tablet.
Google Nexus 10 2 rumoured features are 10.1-inch size with a 2560 x 1600 resolution with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. There are rumours that the tablet will supass iPad Air's screen resolution. Under the hood, there will be 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor or the nVidia Tegra 4, 3GB RAM and Adreno 330 GPU. For storage, there will be the standard 16 and 32 GB variants.
As for the camera, the tablet will pack an 8MP at the back and the front camera could be 2.1MP. The tablet will also pack a dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, dual-side NFC and a 9500mAh non-removable battery.
Google's 10-inch tablet will most likely pack the Android 4.4 Kitkat OS. However, it will not be surprising if Google announce the tablet alongside a new operating system such as Android 4.5. Lastly, the price has always been Google's greatest strength as it releases devices at a lower price range.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery