Google Nexus 10 2 Release Date on or before MWC 2014?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 17, 2014 2:02 PM EST
Google Nexus 10 2 release date may take place on or before the Mobile World Congress event later this month.
According to Android Origin, consumers can expect the Google Nexus 10 2 release date in the first quarter of this year and there is a strong chance that the device will be announced ahead the MWC event schedules on Feb. 24 in Barcelona.
Android 4.4.1 KOT49E update is available for Nexus 10.
The report added that Google Nexus 10 2 is the direct competitor of Apple's iPad and Samsung's Galaxy TabPRO and NOTEPro tablets. Thus, it will not take Google too long to announce it. If Google decided to skip the MWC event, it is possible for the company to hold its own event.
It was initially reported that Google Nexus 10 2 will be launched later this year as the next generation Nexus was speculated to arrive earlier than usual.
It is still unknown which company will take the helm in creating the new Nexus 10 2 tablet. There were rumours that HTC won the bid and will manufacture Google's 10-inch tablet. DigiTimes also stated that Google approached HTC to be in charge in manufacturing the tablet. There is also the possibility that Samsung will retain its position as the manufacturer of the tablet.
Google Nexus 10 2 rumoured features are 10.1-inch size with a 2560 x 1600 resolution with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. There are rumours that the tablet will supass iPad Air's screen resolution. Under the hood, there will be 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor or the nVidia Tegra 4, 3GB RAM and Adreno 330 GPU. For storage, there will be the standard 16 and 32 GB variants.
As for the camera, the tablet will pack an 8MP at the back and the front camera could be 2.1MP. The tablet will also pack a dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, dual-side NFC and a 9500mAh non-removable battery.
Google's 10-inch tablet will most likely pack the Android 4.4 Kitkat OS. However, it will not be surprising if Google announce the tablet alongside a new operating system such as Android 4.5. Lastly, the price has always been Google's greatest strength as it releases devices at a lower price range.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet