Rosie Perez Reveals Feud With Jennifer Lopez In New Memoir
By Anne Lu | February 17, 2014 1:08 PM EST
Rosie Perez and Jennifer Lopez aren’t the best of friends. In fact, they have been feuding for decades. Perez detailed in her new memoir, “Handbook for an Unpredictable Life,” how their bad blood started and why she called Lopez a “ghetto biatch.”
In her memoir, excerpts of which have been obtained by Page Six, Perez recalled their first meeting when the “American Idol” judge was auditioning as a dancer for the sketch show “In Living Color,” in which she was the choreographer.
Perez said she noticed the beautiful girl with a “big ass” right away, but the show’s host and creator, Keenan Ivory Wayans, called her “chubby and corny.” Still, Perez thought Lopez had potential, and so she convinced Wayans to hire her.
It turned out that Wayans wasn’t the only one who didn’t like Lopez around.
“All of the girls were coming into my office complaining how she was manipulating wardrobe, makeup, and me, all to her advantage,” Perez wrote.
She didn’t mind at first, but she soon regretted that she ever supported Lopez when she “went off” on Perez like “some ghetto biatch, screaming and pounding her chest!”
Lopez allegedly shouted on Perez, “You pick on me, me and only me, every f**king day! Every f**king day! I work my ass off, deliver and you keep pushing me aside, treating me like sh**! I know I’m good! I’m better than any of these girls, and you know it.”
When Lopez left the show two seasons later, she apparently made “disparaging comments” about Perez when she hit it big in Hollywood.
“I was blindsided. I’d thought we were cool. I called her up. She wouldn’t pick up. Frustrated, I left an irate message on her answering machine. Instead of calling me back and hashing it out like friends do, she went on a major talk show and reiterated my lashing.”
The women, both of Puerto Rican descent, still haven’t hashed things out. The National Enquirer claimed that they have also sparred over the film rights to the story of Sonia Sotomayor, the first Latina on the U.S. Supreme Court.
“We ladies of colour all know how hard it is for us in the entertainment business,” Perez penned. “This kind of sh** hurts us all and those that follow in our footsteps.”
“In Living Color” was a sketch comedy show that ran from 1990 to 1994.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored