Join More Than 10,000 Gamers of 'Pokemon Red' Playable Online for Free on Twitch
By Ryan Inoyori | February 17, 2014 12:32 PM EST
Loyal fans of "Pokemon Red" can now join more than 10,000 other players online via Twitch. The great thing about this is that the game has been going on for more than 46 hours already and will likely not stop anytime soon.
'Pokemon Red' Online
Classical "Pokemon Red" is now playable online via Twitch and allows gamers to join more than 10,000 other avid fans of the first Pokemon game in the series. In addition to the classic gameplay and levelling up Pokemons, gamers can also chat with other players since everything is under live streaming.
The online "Pokemon Red" game on Twitch is based on the original graphics which is black and white and totally old school Gameboy.
Mastermind Behind the Curtains
Twitch online "Pokemon Red" came from the brilliant mind of an Australian programmer who wishes to remain anonymous, according to CNET. This programmer devised a way to put the original game into live streaming with emulation of command keys used on Gameboy such as A, B, Select and Start.
Is There Any Stop?
Right now, the game is still kicking and seems likely to stay for quite some time on Twitch. According to one report from the Wall Street Journal as noted by OnGamers.com, Twitch gained higher traffic peaks than Facebook, Hulu and Amazon and probably would benefit from any activities such as Pokemon online. Users on Twitch have preferred online gaming entertainment over watching TV, an activity which decreased by 68 per cent for these users. Most activities done on the Web site are watching live streams, chatting with community, watching video highlights and broadcasting gameplays.
Twitch apparently lets users sign up for free and allows them to broadcast their game screens for public viewing that led to higher traffic peaks. After creating an an account, users can open the link and join all the other players in a collective effort to catch Pokemons along the road and compete to win badges.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop