Join More Than 10,000 Gamers of 'Pokemon Red' Playable Online for Free on Twitch
By Ryan Inoyori | February 17, 2014 12:32 PM EST
Loyal fans of "Pokemon Red" can now join more than 10,000 other players online via Twitch. The great thing about this is that the game has been going on for more than 46 hours already and will likely not stop anytime soon.
'Pokemon Red' Online
Classical "Pokemon Red" is now playable online via Twitch and allows gamers to join more than 10,000 other avid fans of the first Pokemon game in the series. In addition to the classic gameplay and levelling up Pokemons, gamers can also chat with other players since everything is under live streaming.
The online "Pokemon Red" game on Twitch is based on the original graphics which is black and white and totally old school Gameboy.
Mastermind Behind the Curtains
Twitch online "Pokemon Red" came from the brilliant mind of an Australian programmer who wishes to remain anonymous, according to CNET. This programmer devised a way to put the original game into live streaming with emulation of command keys used on Gameboy such as A, B, Select and Start.
Is There Any Stop?
Right now, the game is still kicking and seems likely to stay for quite some time on Twitch. According to one report from the Wall Street Journal as noted by OnGamers.com, Twitch gained higher traffic peaks than Facebook, Hulu and Amazon and probably would benefit from any activities such as Pokemon online. Users on Twitch have preferred online gaming entertainment over watching TV, an activity which decreased by 68 per cent for these users. Most activities done on the Web site are watching live streams, chatting with community, watching video highlights and broadcasting gameplays.
Twitch apparently lets users sign up for free and allows them to broadcast their game screens for public viewing that led to higher traffic peaks. After creating an an account, users can open the link and join all the other players in a collective effort to catch Pokemons along the road and compete to win badges.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- Robin Williams to Be Honoured As A Character In 'World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor'
- Nokia Lumia 530: Windows Phone Handset Now On Sale In The UK With £87 Price
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko