Join More Than 10,000 Gamers of 'Pokemon Red' Playable Online for Free on Twitch
By Ryan Inoyori | February 17, 2014 12:32 PM EST
Loyal fans of "Pokemon Red" can now join more than 10,000 other players online via Twitch. The great thing about this is that the game has been going on for more than 46 hours already and will likely not stop anytime soon.
'Pokemon Red' Online
Classical "Pokemon Red" is now playable online via Twitch and allows gamers to join more than 10,000 other avid fans of the first Pokemon game in the series. In addition to the classic gameplay and levelling up Pokemons, gamers can also chat with other players since everything is under live streaming.
The online "Pokemon Red" game on Twitch is based on the original graphics which is black and white and totally old school Gameboy.
Mastermind Behind the Curtains
Twitch online "Pokemon Red" came from the brilliant mind of an Australian programmer who wishes to remain anonymous, according to CNET. This programmer devised a way to put the original game into live streaming with emulation of command keys used on Gameboy such as A, B, Select and Start.
Is There Any Stop?
Right now, the game is still kicking and seems likely to stay for quite some time on Twitch. According to one report from the Wall Street Journal as noted by OnGamers.com, Twitch gained higher traffic peaks than Facebook, Hulu and Amazon and probably would benefit from any activities such as Pokemon online. Users on Twitch have preferred online gaming entertainment over watching TV, an activity which decreased by 68 per cent for these users. Most activities done on the Web site are watching live streams, chatting with community, watching video highlights and broadcasting gameplays.
Twitch apparently lets users sign up for free and allows them to broadcast their game screens for public viewing that led to higher traffic peaks. After creating an an account, users can open the link and join all the other players in a collective effort to catch Pokemons along the road and compete to win badges.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone