Christina Aguilera Engaged on Valentine’s Day to Matt Rutler
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | February 17, 2014 11:47 AM EST
Christina Aguilera got engaged on Valentine's Day. It must have been really special as she poetically broke the news on Twitter. She shared a photo where her hand is seen with an engagement ring in the finger. The "engaged" hand of Ms Aguilera is holding the hand of the one who presumable gave her the ring. She wrote in the caption of the photo: "He asked and I said ...".
The ring looks "enormous", according to TMZ which reported that the guy named Matt Rutler who stole Ms Aguilera's heart in such a way that she got engaged to her was her production assistant. She reportedly met him during the shoot of the 2010 movie called "Burlesque". Mr Rutler used to work as the production assistant at the sets of the movie.
When the two became a couple after Ms Aguilera had been divorced, many presumed that the relation between a production assistant and a diva would not last long. However, putting all the idle assumptions to rest the couple has been living together for three years. Now, they are engaged with each other.
The 33-year-old pop diva started dating Mr Rutler while she was parting ways with Jordan Bratman, her ex-hubby whom she has a son with. Her son is now six. Ms Aguilera's claim to fame was her self-titled album which was released in 1999. Last time she had an album released was in 2012. The title of the album was "Lotus."
According to New York Daily News, Ms Aguilera confessed her love for Mr Rutler when she appeared on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show." It was back in November 2010 when she declared that Mr Rutler was the love of her life. She also claimed that she adored him. Ms Aguilera seemed to be in awe of Mr Rutler's character. The very fact that he is a happy person is the most important thing, according to her.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Update: Laurina Talks About Her Exit, Jessica’s Acting Background Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1