Lana Del Rey Shades 'Royals' Singer Lorde: Bitter over Past Diss?
By Diadem Pambid | February 17, 2014 11:23 AM EST
Lorde has certainly reached celebrity status all thanks to her Grammy award winning song, "Royals." However, there is one singer in Hollywood that fails to recognize her achievements. Instead of praise, all Lana Del Rey has for her is bitter resentment.
Singer Lana Del Rey arrives for the BRIT Music Awards at the O2 Arena in London February 21, 2012.
Well, it looks like someone has a hard time getting over a diss thrown at her late last year. Lana Del Rey isn't quick to forgive nor is she quick to forget. Despite Lorde garnering praise from a number of Hollywood celebs, Lana isn't one of them. Judging from the recent tweet of Lorde hater of which she had clicked as "favourite," it is fairly obvious Lana isn't a "Royal-ista." Check out the tweet below.
— Lana Del Rey News (@LanaDaiIy) February 15, 2014
For those who have no idea why Lana could be so bitter towards Lorde, the New Zealand native did call her "irrelevant" during one of her interviews.
"Around the middle of last year I started listening to a lot of rap, like Nicki Minaj and Drake, as well as pop singers like Lana Del Rey. They all sing about such opulence, stuff that just didn't relate to me-or anyone that I knew," she said. "I began thinking, 'How are we listening to this? It's completely irrelevant," stated Lorde in a report by Gig Wise.
The diss doesn't end there as she added more "insults" to Lana's songs.
"Lana Del Rey is always singing about being in the Hamptons or driving her Bugatti Veyron or whatever, and at the time, me and my friends were at some house party worrying how to get home because we couldn't afford a cab. This is our reality," continued Lorde.
Yet, the 17-year old singer was quick to cover the shade when she tweeted all about her admiration for Lana Del Rey's songs.
"Just because their songs aren't my reality (being 17 and from Auckland) doesn't mean I don't admire their musicianship and careers!" tweeted Lorde.
Apparently, the "irrelevant" diss struck Lana Del Rey hard and she isn't one to forgive easily. Hopefully, Lorde learns to watch her words before stating them out loud. As for the thumbtack bracelet, here's to hoping it stays on Twitter and nowhere near the Grammy Award winner's arm.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]