Lana Del Rey Shades 'Royals' Singer Lorde: Bitter over Past Diss?
By Diadem Pambid | February 17, 2014 11:23 AM EST
Lorde has certainly reached celebrity status all thanks to her Grammy award winning song, "Royals." However, there is one singer in Hollywood that fails to recognize her achievements. Instead of praise, all Lana Del Rey has for her is bitter resentment.
Singer Lana Del Rey arrives for the BRIT Music Awards at the O2 Arena in London February 21, 2012.
Well, it looks like someone has a hard time getting over a diss thrown at her late last year. Lana Del Rey isn't quick to forgive nor is she quick to forget. Despite Lorde garnering praise from a number of Hollywood celebs, Lana isn't one of them. Judging from the recent tweet of Lorde hater of which she had clicked as "favourite," it is fairly obvious Lana isn't a "Royal-ista." Check out the tweet below.
— Lana Del Rey News (@LanaDaiIy) February 15, 2014
For those who have no idea why Lana could be so bitter towards Lorde, the New Zealand native did call her "irrelevant" during one of her interviews.
"Around the middle of last year I started listening to a lot of rap, like Nicki Minaj and Drake, as well as pop singers like Lana Del Rey. They all sing about such opulence, stuff that just didn't relate to me-or anyone that I knew," she said. "I began thinking, 'How are we listening to this? It's completely irrelevant," stated Lorde in a report by Gig Wise.
The diss doesn't end there as she added more "insults" to Lana's songs.
"Lana Del Rey is always singing about being in the Hamptons or driving her Bugatti Veyron or whatever, and at the time, me and my friends were at some house party worrying how to get home because we couldn't afford a cab. This is our reality," continued Lorde.
Yet, the 17-year old singer was quick to cover the shade when she tweeted all about her admiration for Lana Del Rey's songs.
"Just because their songs aren't my reality (being 17 and from Auckland) doesn't mean I don't admire their musicianship and careers!" tweeted Lorde.
Apparently, the "irrelevant" diss struck Lana Del Rey hard and she isn't one to forgive easily. Hopefully, Lorde learns to watch her words before stating them out loud. As for the thumbtack bracelet, here's to hoping it stays on Twitter and nowhere near the Grammy Award winner's arm.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales