Lana Del Rey Shades 'Royals' Singer Lorde: Bitter over Past Diss?
By Diadem Pambid | February 17, 2014 11:23 AM EST
Lorde has certainly reached celebrity status all thanks to her Grammy award winning song, "Royals." However, there is one singer in Hollywood that fails to recognize her achievements. Instead of praise, all Lana Del Rey has for her is bitter resentment.
Singer Lana Del Rey arrives for the BRIT Music Awards at the O2 Arena in London February 21, 2012.
Well, it looks like someone has a hard time getting over a diss thrown at her late last year. Lana Del Rey isn't quick to forgive nor is she quick to forget. Despite Lorde garnering praise from a number of Hollywood celebs, Lana isn't one of them. Judging from the recent tweet of Lorde hater of which she had clicked as "favourite," it is fairly obvious Lana isn't a "Royal-ista." Check out the tweet below.
— Lana Del Rey News (@LanaDaiIy) February 15, 2014
For those who have no idea why Lana could be so bitter towards Lorde, the New Zealand native did call her "irrelevant" during one of her interviews.
"Around the middle of last year I started listening to a lot of rap, like Nicki Minaj and Drake, as well as pop singers like Lana Del Rey. They all sing about such opulence, stuff that just didn't relate to me-or anyone that I knew," she said. "I began thinking, 'How are we listening to this? It's completely irrelevant," stated Lorde in a report by Gig Wise.
The diss doesn't end there as she added more "insults" to Lana's songs.
"Lana Del Rey is always singing about being in the Hamptons or driving her Bugatti Veyron or whatever, and at the time, me and my friends were at some house party worrying how to get home because we couldn't afford a cab. This is our reality," continued Lorde.
Yet, the 17-year old singer was quick to cover the shade when she tweeted all about her admiration for Lana Del Rey's songs.
"Just because their songs aren't my reality (being 17 and from Auckland) doesn't mean I don't admire their musicianship and careers!" tweeted Lorde.
Apparently, the "irrelevant" diss struck Lana Del Rey hard and she isn't one to forgive easily. Hopefully, Lorde learns to watch her words before stating them out loud. As for the thumbtack bracelet, here's to hoping it stays on Twitter and nowhere near the Grammy Award winner's arm.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James