Lana Del Rey Shades 'Royals' Singer Lorde: Bitter over Past Diss?
By Diadem Pambid | February 17, 2014 11:23 AM EST
Lorde has certainly reached celebrity status all thanks to her Grammy award winning song, "Royals." However, there is one singer in Hollywood that fails to recognize her achievements. Instead of praise, all Lana Del Rey has for her is bitter resentment.
Singer Lana Del Rey arrives for the BRIT Music Awards at the O2 Arena in London February 21, 2012.
Well, it looks like someone has a hard time getting over a diss thrown at her late last year. Lana Del Rey isn't quick to forgive nor is she quick to forget. Despite Lorde garnering praise from a number of Hollywood celebs, Lana isn't one of them. Judging from the recent tweet of Lorde hater of which she had clicked as "favourite," it is fairly obvious Lana isn't a "Royal-ista." Check out the tweet below.
— Lana Del Rey News (@LanaDaiIy) February 15, 2014
For those who have no idea why Lana could be so bitter towards Lorde, the New Zealand native did call her "irrelevant" during one of her interviews.
"Around the middle of last year I started listening to a lot of rap, like Nicki Minaj and Drake, as well as pop singers like Lana Del Rey. They all sing about such opulence, stuff that just didn't relate to me-or anyone that I knew," she said. "I began thinking, 'How are we listening to this? It's completely irrelevant," stated Lorde in a report by Gig Wise.
The diss doesn't end there as she added more "insults" to Lana's songs.
"Lana Del Rey is always singing about being in the Hamptons or driving her Bugatti Veyron or whatever, and at the time, me and my friends were at some house party worrying how to get home because we couldn't afford a cab. This is our reality," continued Lorde.
Yet, the 17-year old singer was quick to cover the shade when she tweeted all about her admiration for Lana Del Rey's songs.
"Just because their songs aren't my reality (being 17 and from Auckland) doesn't mean I don't admire their musicianship and careers!" tweeted Lorde.
Apparently, the "irrelevant" diss struck Lana Del Rey hard and she isn't one to forgive easily. Hopefully, Lorde learns to watch her words before stating them out loud. As for the thumbtack bracelet, here's to hoping it stays on Twitter and nowhere near the Grammy Award winner's arm.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List