Ragini MMS 2: Why Has Sunny Leone Gone Coy over Bold Scenes?
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 16, 2014 11:18 PM EST
Sunny Leone may be creating waves with her upcoming horror-erotica flick "Ragini MMS 2" but it turns out the actress was uncomfortable with some of the bold scenes in the film.
It might surprise many when we say the adult film star-turned-actress had a problem her excessive bold look in the "Ragini MMS 2" promos. It appears Leone was apprehensive of the large amount of skin show in the film's trailer and wanted it to be toned down.
"Although she had no issues with the scenes being in the film, she wanted them not to be the highlight of the promos, since she's trying to shy away from the 'bold' tag," a source close to the film's producer Ekta Kapoor revealed to Hindustan Times.
The report is indeed surprising, given Leone's long-term association with the American porn industry, before she ventured into Bollywood.
It is understood that Leone also wanted a body double for some of the bold scenes in the film, according to earlier reports. The actress allegedly refused a scene where her top was to be unzipped by a male co-star, and even ditched a skin-colour bodysuit for the sober golden and black suit for another scene in the film.
Leone's sudden U-turn from bold scenes baffles us, especially since the actress had taken a more casual approach towards the intimate scenes in her Bollywood debut "Jism 2".
However, the actress' reluctance on the bold content in the promos was eventually quashed as producer Ekta insisted on retaining the scenes.
"We are clear about horror and sexuality being the mainstays of the film, and that's how it will be communicated. She (Leone) respected our view and prerogatives as producers," Ekta told the tabloid.
While Leone may not have had her say in this case, we believe the actress' sudden change of heart is related to her plans of making it big in the industry.
As many would know Bollywood's current most desirable face Katrina Kaif once had a similar beginning with her erotic heist film "Boom". But soon after, the London-based actress moved to 'sober films' and gained popularity in the process.
It is a well known fact that Bollywood's leading ladies never cross line, when it comes to skin show. They may be termed sexy but that image of the sober, sweet and traditional girl is what forms the crux of a typical Hindi heroine.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2