Ragini MMS 2: Why Has Sunny Leone Gone Coy over Bold Scenes?
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 16, 2014 11:18 PM EST
Sunny Leone may be creating waves with her upcoming horror-erotica flick "Ragini MMS 2" but it turns out the actress was uncomfortable with some of the bold scenes in the film.
It might surprise many when we say the adult film star-turned-actress had a problem her excessive bold look in the "Ragini MMS 2" promos. It appears Leone was apprehensive of the large amount of skin show in the film's trailer and wanted it to be toned down.
"Although she had no issues with the scenes being in the film, she wanted them not to be the highlight of the promos, since she's trying to shy away from the 'bold' tag," a source close to the film's producer Ekta Kapoor revealed to Hindustan Times.
The report is indeed surprising, given Leone's long-term association with the American porn industry, before she ventured into Bollywood.
It is understood that Leone also wanted a body double for some of the bold scenes in the film, according to earlier reports. The actress allegedly refused a scene where her top was to be unzipped by a male co-star, and even ditched a skin-colour bodysuit for the sober golden and black suit for another scene in the film.
Leone's sudden U-turn from bold scenes baffles us, especially since the actress had taken a more casual approach towards the intimate scenes in her Bollywood debut "Jism 2".
However, the actress' reluctance on the bold content in the promos was eventually quashed as producer Ekta insisted on retaining the scenes.
"We are clear about horror and sexuality being the mainstays of the film, and that's how it will be communicated. She (Leone) respected our view and prerogatives as producers," Ekta told the tabloid.
While Leone may not have had her say in this case, we believe the actress' sudden change of heart is related to her plans of making it big in the industry.
As many would know Bollywood's current most desirable face Katrina Kaif once had a similar beginning with her erotic heist film "Boom". But soon after, the London-based actress moved to 'sober films' and gained popularity in the process.
It is a well known fact that Bollywood's leading ladies never cross line, when it comes to skin show. They may be termed sexy but that image of the sober, sweet and traditional girl is what forms the crux of a typical Hindi heroine.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown