Ragini MMS 2: Why Has Sunny Leone Gone Coy over Bold Scenes?
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 16, 2014 11:18 PM EST
Sunny Leone may be creating waves with her upcoming horror-erotica flick "Ragini MMS 2" but it turns out the actress was uncomfortable with some of the bold scenes in the film.
It might surprise many when we say the adult film star-turned-actress had a problem her excessive bold look in the "Ragini MMS 2" promos. It appears Leone was apprehensive of the large amount of skin show in the film's trailer and wanted it to be toned down.
"Although she had no issues with the scenes being in the film, she wanted them not to be the highlight of the promos, since she's trying to shy away from the 'bold' tag," a source close to the film's producer Ekta Kapoor revealed to Hindustan Times.
The report is indeed surprising, given Leone's long-term association with the American porn industry, before she ventured into Bollywood.
It is understood that Leone also wanted a body double for some of the bold scenes in the film, according to earlier reports. The actress allegedly refused a scene where her top was to be unzipped by a male co-star, and even ditched a skin-colour bodysuit for the sober golden and black suit for another scene in the film.
Leone's sudden U-turn from bold scenes baffles us, especially since the actress had taken a more casual approach towards the intimate scenes in her Bollywood debut "Jism 2".
However, the actress' reluctance on the bold content in the promos was eventually quashed as producer Ekta insisted on retaining the scenes.
"We are clear about horror and sexuality being the mainstays of the film, and that's how it will be communicated. She (Leone) respected our view and prerogatives as producers," Ekta told the tabloid.
While Leone may not have had her say in this case, we believe the actress' sudden change of heart is related to her plans of making it big in the industry.
As many would know Bollywood's current most desirable face Katrina Kaif once had a similar beginning with her erotic heist film "Boom". But soon after, the London-based actress moved to 'sober films' and gained popularity in the process.
It is a well known fact that Bollywood's leading ladies never cross line, when it comes to skin show. They may be termed sexy but that image of the sober, sweet and traditional girl is what forms the crux of a typical Hindi heroine.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6