'Juno' Star Ellen Page Comes Out as Gay: Used Alexander Skarsgard as a Beard?
By charmaine corne clutton | February 16, 2014 10:59 PM EST
Her breakthrough performance for the 2007 romantic comedy flick, "Juno" set her career into motion. Ellen Page has definitely won the hearts of many through her roles in "Juno" and "Inception," just some movies to name a few. However, the 26-year old Canadian born star revealed in a moving speech for LGBT teens in Las Vegas that she was homosexual-and that she was "tired of hiding it."
Ellen Page disclosed her true sexuality by speaking to thousands of teens last Friday, during the Time to Thrive conference held in Las Vegas. The conference is said to be sponsored by the Human Rights Campaign. Her moving speech received much support and applause from the audience though the "Inception" star looked visibly shaken while delivering the moving piece.
According to the star, she had decided to come out because she could not conceal her true sexuality to the public anymore. She added, "My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered and my relationships suffered...And I'm standing here today, with all of you, on the other side of all that pain."
Meanwhile, many fans were quick to react about the coming-out-of-the-closet of the petite 26-year old. Page's rumored flame, Alexander Skarsgard, is yet to respond to the announcement of the Canadian star. It is said that the two dated while filming for the movie "The East." According to reports, two had been dating for almost a year, with some going to the extent that they were already expecting their first child. In many photographs that surfaced on the Internet, the two were seen looking extra sweet. Could it be that Ellen Page used the hunky Swedish actor as a beard? The 39-year old is yet to comment about the coming out of rumored Ellen Page.
Meanwhile, many celebrities expressed their support for the "Juno" star. Anna Kendrick, Page's co-star in the critically acclaimed film "Juno" posted on Twitter "'Mad mad mad mad mad mad crazy love and praise for @EllenPage today."
In other news, check out this gallery for famous Hollywood stars who came out as gay: Ellen Page, Neil Patrick Harris and many more: Top 5 Hottest Gay Celebrities in Hollywood
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date