'Juno' Star Ellen Page Comes Out as Gay: Used Alexander Skarsgard as a Beard?
By charmaine corne clutton | February 16, 2014 10:59 PM EST
Her breakthrough performance for the 2007 romantic comedy flick, "Juno" set her career into motion. Ellen Page has definitely won the hearts of many through her roles in "Juno" and "Inception," just some movies to name a few. However, the 26-year old Canadian born star revealed in a moving speech for LGBT teens in Las Vegas that she was homosexual-and that she was "tired of hiding it."
Ellen Page disclosed her true sexuality by speaking to thousands of teens last Friday, during the Time to Thrive conference held in Las Vegas. The conference is said to be sponsored by the Human Rights Campaign. Her moving speech received much support and applause from the audience though the "Inception" star looked visibly shaken while delivering the moving piece.
According to the star, she had decided to come out because she could not conceal her true sexuality to the public anymore. She added, "My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered and my relationships suffered...And I'm standing here today, with all of you, on the other side of all that pain."
Meanwhile, many fans were quick to react about the coming-out-of-the-closet of the petite 26-year old. Page's rumored flame, Alexander Skarsgard, is yet to respond to the announcement of the Canadian star. It is said that the two dated while filming for the movie "The East." According to reports, two had been dating for almost a year, with some going to the extent that they were already expecting their first child. In many photographs that surfaced on the Internet, the two were seen looking extra sweet. Could it be that Ellen Page used the hunky Swedish actor as a beard? The 39-year old is yet to comment about the coming out of rumored Ellen Page.
Meanwhile, many celebrities expressed their support for the "Juno" star. Anna Kendrick, Page's co-star in the critically acclaimed film "Juno" posted on Twitter "'Mad mad mad mad mad mad crazy love and praise for @EllenPage today."
In other news, check out this gallery for famous Hollywood stars who came out as gay: Ellen Page, Neil Patrick Harris and many more: Top 5 Hottest Gay Celebrities in Hollywood
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- 'CSI Crime Scene Investigation' Season 15 Recap: Episode 7 ‘Road to Recovery' Aired On Nov. 23, 2014, A Girl In A Rehabilitation Facility Ends Up Dead In A Pool And The ‘CSI Las Vegas’ Team Investigated Her Death [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James