Bored With Play Station 2, Mass Murderer Anders Breivik to Go on Hunger Strike for PS3
By Johnlee Varghese | February 16, 2014 10:05 PM EST
In a letter dated 29 January, Norwegian mass murderer Anders Breivik demanded his PlayStation 2 games console be changed to a more up-to-date PS3 "with access to more adult games that I get to choose myself".
Breivik, who killed 77 people in 2011 and is undergoing a 21-year jail term, reportedly sent in a list with 12 demands to prison officials in Norway.
In the letter, he has demanded access to computer instead of typewriters, increase in his daily allowance, and better chairs among other things. He has also threatened to go a hunger strike, if his demands are not met, KL.FM 96.7 reported.
Breivik, who is held in a jail near Oslo and Skien in southeast Norway, also has sent a copy of the letter to the Russian television channel REN TV, reported a Russian daily -Gazeta.
In the letters to the Russians, Breivik, besides complaining about the prison conditions, calls himself a political prisoner and a Nazi Mandela.
In the letter, he says that he should be treated humanely, as he had treated his victims with humanity and killed them without torture. He stated that in the prison he was forbidden to communicate with other prisoners, including the nationalists, such as Breivik himself.
Anders Breivik is serving 21 years for carrying out two terror attacks in Norway in 2011. In total, 77 people were killed by his action. In his first, he stuffed a rented van with explosives and detonated it near government buildings in Oslo.
Later, he went to Utoya Island, where a youth camp for the Norwegian Labour Party was being held. There, posing as a Secret Service Agent on the pretext of conducting a safety training, he gathered up the youngsters. It is reported that he kept shooting at the people for over about half an hour. He later surrendered to the police.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- Tony Abbott Launches #BringThemHome Operation for MH17 Victims; Black Avatars Trending on Social Media
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air