Bored With Play Station 2, Mass Murderer Anders Breivik to Go on Hunger Strike for PS3
By Johnlee Varghese | February 16, 2014 10:05 PM EST
In a letter dated 29 January, Norwegian mass murderer Anders Breivik demanded his PlayStation 2 games console be changed to a more up-to-date PS3 "with access to more adult games that I get to choose myself".
Breivik, who killed 77 people in 2011 and is undergoing a 21-year jail term, reportedly sent in a list with 12 demands to prison officials in Norway.
In the letter, he has demanded access to computer instead of typewriters, increase in his daily allowance, and better chairs among other things. He has also threatened to go a hunger strike, if his demands are not met, KL.FM 96.7 reported.
Breivik, who is held in a jail near Oslo and Skien in southeast Norway, also has sent a copy of the letter to the Russian television channel REN TV, reported a Russian daily -Gazeta.
In the letters to the Russians, Breivik, besides complaining about the prison conditions, calls himself a political prisoner and a Nazi Mandela.
In the letter, he says that he should be treated humanely, as he had treated his victims with humanity and killed them without torture. He stated that in the prison he was forbidden to communicate with other prisoners, including the nationalists, such as Breivik himself.
Anders Breivik is serving 21 years for carrying out two terror attacks in Norway in 2011. In total, 77 people were killed by his action. In his first, he stuffed a rented van with explosives and detonated it near government buildings in Oslo.
Later, he went to Utoya Island, where a youth camp for the Norwegian Labour Party was being held. There, posing as a Secret Service Agent on the pretext of conducting a safety training, he gathered up the youngsters. It is reported that he kept shooting at the people for over about half an hour. He later surrendered to the police.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- UFO Sightings: Mysterious Bright Lights Spotted Flashing over Toronto, Witnesses Share UFO Sighting Experience on Social Media [VIDEO]
- 'Watch the MH17 Plane Missile Hit Video Tape in Mobile' Goes Viral on Facebook
- Australia Ranks High in Human Development Index But Scores Low in Climate Change
- UN Vows to Bring MH17 Crash Perpetrators to Justice; Downing of Plane a 'War Crime'
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Grimm Season 4 Spoilers: Comic-Con Answers Served, Nick 'Un-Grimmed' Affects His Wesen Friends' Honeymoon
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast