Samsung Galaxy S5 Video Released: Concepts And Features To Expect
By Precious Silva | February 16, 2014 9:48 PM EST
Samsung is excited about its market announcement regarding Galaxy S5 this February.
A Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S4 (front) and Apple's iPhone 5 smartphones are seen in this picture illustration taken in Seoul May 13, 2013.
Reports claimed the company will be unveiling its next flagship phone this coming Feb. 24. As the launch date nears, more leaks begin to surface. Recent data reveals that the Korean tech giant has taken different design approaches on the device. packing with new features not found in its predecessors. Can Samsung Galaxy S5 deliver?
Creater Jinesh Shah offered a taste of what Samsung Galaxy S5 might be like. The concept was posted on Behance showing Galaxy S5 without the home button but with a range of on-screen buttons. Also, the device features new TouchWiz software similar to the update by notorious tipster @evleaks.
The TouchWiz screen features a pastel color scheme along with title menus. There are also icons that can be seen on the Unpacked: Unpacked 5: Speed, Outdoor, Curiosity, Fun, Social, Style, Privacy, Fitness and Life event invitations that Samsung distributed. The concept images and video show what people can expect from the much awaited smartphone.
For the concept images and video of Samsung Galaxy S5, click here.
Design and Trend also reported about an alleged photo of Samsung Galaxy S5 box. The image shows a peek of what Samsung has in store. Among the features include 5.25" QHD (2,560 x 1,600) display and pixel density of 560 ppi. But reports also warned the box could have been easily photoshopped. It will do people well not to trust the leak entirely.
GSM Arena has reported Samsung may include a PenTile Super AMOLED technology to S5. This means that S5 may offer better visuals compared to the 5-inch display of S4. Samsung Galaxy S4 offers a lower pixel density at 440 ppi. A roundup of the specs based from reports and leaks are as follows:
- 2.5 GHz quad-core CPU and LTE Cat
- Snapdragon 800 8974AC packed with 2.6 GHz Krait 400
- 3 GB Ram
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 3,000 mAH battery
- 20 MP camera
- 1080 video capture
There are still no definite answers about the body construction of the device. Reports suggest Samsung will be offering two variants: metal and plastic. For people still doubting the release of the device, Galaxy S5 has been seen twice in AnTuTu benchmark database. The smartphones went by as SM-G900H and SM-G900R4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report