Samsung Galaxy S5 To Ditch Full Metal Jacket, Benchmark Results Sighted With Powerful Features
By Precious Silva | February 16, 2014 9:41 PM EST
A Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S4 (front) and Apple's iPhone 5 smartphones are seen in this picture illustration taken in Seoul May 13, 2013.
But recent reports suggested otherwise. According to latest data, Samsung may be wrapping both its high-end and mid-range Samsung Galaxy S5 with polycarbonate. Also, new specs and details surface as the upcoming flagship smartphone has been spotted on Antutu benchmark database. What can people expect?
Highlight Press reported Samsung Galaxy S5 may ditch the full metal jacket and stick with a polycarbonate finish. It also added a prediction from Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities, a prominent analyst. He is known for his forecasts and track record among upcoming tech release. Samsung Galaxy S5 device will feature a fingerprint scanner similar to the touchID on iPhone 5s.
Kuo noted in his paper that Samsung will be using validity sensors to develop the required fingerprint scanner technology on its upcoming flagship handset. The analyst indicated Samsung wants to include a fingerprint scanner for the sake of not getting left behind by similar Android competitors and Apple.
"Fingerprint is necessary for a star model," Kuo explained to the investors.
"Because Apple's iPhone 5S and HTC's One Max have fingerprint, S5 the star model can't lack the function even if the solution is not as mature as iPhone 5S's," he added.
The new report went against previous data claiming Samsung may introduce a handset with retina scanning technology. But information about the Retina display died down. Despite the tips and leaks about the device, people will have to wait until Feb. 24 to see the final specs. Samsung has arranged for an unpacked event. Many sources believed the market will see Samsung Galaxy S5 at last.
Two Samsung devices have also been recently spotted on Antutu benchmark database. The devices went by SM-G900H and SM-G900R4. According to NDTV, these may be the two variants of S5. The SM-G900R4 features 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (MSM8974AC) processor, Adreno 330 GPU, 3GB RAM, QHD display (1440 x 2560), including 32 GB internal memory.
The SM-G900H model runs on 1.5 GHz Samsung Exynos 5422 processor, ARM Mali-T628 GPU, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB internal memory and full HD display.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes