Top Worldwide Share (Telugu): 'Yevadu', 'SVSC', 'Attarintiki Daredi', 'Mirchi' and Other Films
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 16, 2014 9:06 PM EST
From Pawan Kalyan's "Attarintiki Daredi" to Ram Charan's "Racha", check out the list of top 10 Telugu films with the highest worldwide share.
[Note: The figures are taken from Andhraboxoffice website]
Pawan Kalyan's "Attarintiki Daredi" has taken the top spot in list of films with the highest worldwide share.
The film, which released in 2013, reportedly earned a ₹74.88 crore worldwide share. The family entertainer is deemed as the industry hit in the Telugu.
Directed by Trivikram Srinivas, "Attarintiki Daredi" has Pawan, Samantha and Pranitha in the lead roles. The film released after significant delays due to Seemandhra protests. The Pawan starrer also faced piracy issues prior to its release. Despite all that, the film emerged as the biggest hit of 2013.
Ram Charan's "Magadheera" minted a worldwide share of ₹73.1 crore. The film, which released in 2009, is one of the biggest hits in the actor's career.
Directed by Rajamouli, "Magadheera" has Ram Charan and Kajal Aggarwal in the lead roles.
"Gabbar Singh", a remake of Hindi film "Dabangg", turned out to be a blockbuster in 2012. The film received fantastic response from the audience and fetched amazing collections.
According to the ABO website, "Gabbar Singh" earned ₹60.55 crore worldwide share.
Directed by Harish Shankar, "Gabbar Singh" has Pawan reprising Salman Khan's role in the original, whereas Shruti Haasan stepped into the shoes of Sonakshi Sinha.
Pawan is all set to commence shooting for "Gabbar Singh 2" soon.
After doing a couple of average films, Mahesh Babu made a superb comeback with "Dookudu", which turned out to be one of the biggest hits of 2011.
The film has earned a worldwide share of ₹56.7 crore. The Mahesh starrer did well not just in India but also in overseas markets.
Directed by Srinu Vaitla, "Dookudu" has Mahesh Babu, Samantha and Prakash Raj in pivotal roles.
Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu
Venkatesh-Mahesh Babu's "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu" was one of the biggest hits of 2013.
The family entertainer performed exceptionally well, despite facing strong competition from "Naayak", which released around the same time.
The film earned ₹51 crore (share) at the worldwide box office. It was a hat-trick for Mahesh Babu after the success of "Dookudu" and "Businessman".
Directed by Srikanth Addala, "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu" has Mahesh Babu, Venkatesh, Samantha and Anjali in the lead roles.
Prabhas is on a roll with successful films like "Darling", "Mr Perfect" and "Mirchi" to his credit.
"Mirchi", which released in 2013, has taken a spot in the list of top films with highest worldwide share. The action-packed entertainer has earned ₹47.45 crore worldwide share at the box office.
Directed by debutant Koratala Siva, "Mirchi" has Prabhas, Anushka Shetty and Richa Gangopadhyay in the lead roles.
Ram Charan's "Yevadu" has turned out to be the biggest hits of 2014 (so far) in the Telugu film industry.
The film's final collections (share) stand at ₹47.1 crore at the worldwide box office. "Yevadu" clashed with "1 Nenokkadine" during the Sankranti festival period and emerged as the big winner of the two.
The film still continues to be screened in a few theatres across Andhra Pradesh.
Directed by Vamsi Paidipally, "Yevadu" has Ram Charan, Shruti Haasan, Allu Arjun and Kajal Aggarwal in pivotal roles.
"Baadshah" ended the flop run of Jr NTR, who had three back-to-back unsuccessful films to his credit.
The action comedy entertainer fetched ₹47 crore (share) at the worldwide box office.
Directed by Srinu Vaitla, "Baadshah" has Jr NTR and Kajal Aggarwal in lead roles.
"Naayak", which released in 2013, earned ₹46.5 crore in worldwide share at the box office.
Directed by V. V. Vinayak, "Naayak" has Ram Charan appearing in dual roles. The film has Amala Paul and Kajal Aggarwal in female lead roles.
"Racha", which hit the screens in 2012, earned ₹45 crore (share) at the worldwide box office. The film turned out to be one of the biggest hit films of 2012.
Directed by Sampath Nandi, "Racha" has Ram Charan, Tamannaah and Ajmal in pivotal roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6