Top Worldwide Share (Telugu): 'Yevadu', 'SVSC', 'Attarintiki Daredi', 'Mirchi' and Other Films
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 16, 2014 9:06 PM EST
From Pawan Kalyan's "Attarintiki Daredi" to Ram Charan's "Racha", check out the list of top 10 Telugu films with the highest worldwide share.
[Note: The figures are taken from Andhraboxoffice website]
Pawan Kalyan's "Attarintiki Daredi" has taken the top spot in list of films with the highest worldwide share.
The film, which released in 2013, reportedly earned a ₹74.88 crore worldwide share. The family entertainer is deemed as the industry hit in the Telugu.
Directed by Trivikram Srinivas, "Attarintiki Daredi" has Pawan, Samantha and Pranitha in the lead roles. The film released after significant delays due to Seemandhra protests. The Pawan starrer also faced piracy issues prior to its release. Despite all that, the film emerged as the biggest hit of 2013.
Ram Charan's "Magadheera" minted a worldwide share of ₹73.1 crore. The film, which released in 2009, is one of the biggest hits in the actor's career.
Directed by Rajamouli, "Magadheera" has Ram Charan and Kajal Aggarwal in the lead roles.
"Gabbar Singh", a remake of Hindi film "Dabangg", turned out to be a blockbuster in 2012. The film received fantastic response from the audience and fetched amazing collections.
According to the ABO website, "Gabbar Singh" earned ₹60.55 crore worldwide share.
Directed by Harish Shankar, "Gabbar Singh" has Pawan reprising Salman Khan's role in the original, whereas Shruti Haasan stepped into the shoes of Sonakshi Sinha.
Pawan is all set to commence shooting for "Gabbar Singh 2" soon.
After doing a couple of average films, Mahesh Babu made a superb comeback with "Dookudu", which turned out to be one of the biggest hits of 2011.
The film has earned a worldwide share of ₹56.7 crore. The Mahesh starrer did well not just in India but also in overseas markets.
Directed by Srinu Vaitla, "Dookudu" has Mahesh Babu, Samantha and Prakash Raj in pivotal roles.
Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu
Venkatesh-Mahesh Babu's "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu" was one of the biggest hits of 2013.
The family entertainer performed exceptionally well, despite facing strong competition from "Naayak", which released around the same time.
The film earned ₹51 crore (share) at the worldwide box office. It was a hat-trick for Mahesh Babu after the success of "Dookudu" and "Businessman".
Directed by Srikanth Addala, "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu" has Mahesh Babu, Venkatesh, Samantha and Anjali in the lead roles.
Prabhas is on a roll with successful films like "Darling", "Mr Perfect" and "Mirchi" to his credit.
"Mirchi", which released in 2013, has taken a spot in the list of top films with highest worldwide share. The action-packed entertainer has earned ₹47.45 crore worldwide share at the box office.
Directed by debutant Koratala Siva, "Mirchi" has Prabhas, Anushka Shetty and Richa Gangopadhyay in the lead roles.
Ram Charan's "Yevadu" has turned out to be the biggest hits of 2014 (so far) in the Telugu film industry.
The film's final collections (share) stand at ₹47.1 crore at the worldwide box office. "Yevadu" clashed with "1 Nenokkadine" during the Sankranti festival period and emerged as the big winner of the two.
The film still continues to be screened in a few theatres across Andhra Pradesh.
Directed by Vamsi Paidipally, "Yevadu" has Ram Charan, Shruti Haasan, Allu Arjun and Kajal Aggarwal in pivotal roles.
"Baadshah" ended the flop run of Jr NTR, who had three back-to-back unsuccessful films to his credit.
The action comedy entertainer fetched ₹47 crore (share) at the worldwide box office.
Directed by Srinu Vaitla, "Baadshah" has Jr NTR and Kajal Aggarwal in lead roles.
"Naayak", which released in 2013, earned ₹46.5 crore in worldwide share at the box office.
Directed by V. V. Vinayak, "Naayak" has Ram Charan appearing in dual roles. The film has Amala Paul and Kajal Aggarwal in female lead roles.
"Racha", which hit the screens in 2012, earned ₹45 crore (share) at the worldwide box office. The film turned out to be one of the biggest hit films of 2012.
Directed by Sampath Nandi, "Racha" has Ram Charan, Tamannaah and Ajmal in pivotal roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports