Aishwarya Rai Did Not Marry Me for Being a Bachchan: Abhishek
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 16, 2014 8:55 PM EST
Looks like Abhishek Bachchan is set to answer some candid and personal questions on the upcoming episode of "Koffee with Karan" season 4.
Show host Karan Johar threw a volley of interesting questions at the "Bol Bachchan" star, and it seems the actor came out answering most of them with a straight face.
Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan
After continually playing second fiddle to his wife and former Miss World Aishwarya in the media throughout the years, Abhishek was asked on his sense of security of being married to "the most beautiful woman on the face of earth".
Like a true gentleman, Abhishek replied there was no anxiety in their relationship because their union was not superficial and, like any other couple, they are also a normal jodi. However, the doting husband could not stop praising his gorgeous wife.
"I believe she is and to me she is the most beautiful thing on earth. I see myself in the mirror every day and it is a horrific sight. So I am not competing, I can't. The reason why we got together wasn't cosmetic," Abhishek was quoted by PTI.
The actor then made quite a statement by claiming that Aishwarya did not marry him for his famous family name. "She is one of the most down-to-earth, normal people you will ever meet. She hasn't married me because I am a film star or I am a Bachchan and I haven't married her because she is the most beautiful woman on earth or one of the biggest stars on earth, so that never comes in the equation," the 38-year-old added.
Abhishek and Aishwarya are seen as the numero uno Bollywood couple. Right from their marriage, to their daughter Aaradhya's birth, and to Aishwarya's comeback, the pair has always been in constant limelight.
The couple has appeared in together in several films like "Guru" and "Dhai Akshar Prem Ke", "Sarkar Raj" and "Raavan."
Abhishek's full interview will be available this Sunday on "Koffee with Karan", where he appears with "Happy New Year" director Farah Khan.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports