Aishwarya Rai Did Not Marry Me for Being a Bachchan: Abhishek
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 16, 2014 8:55 PM EST
Looks like Abhishek Bachchan is set to answer some candid and personal questions on the upcoming episode of "Koffee with Karan" season 4.
Show host Karan Johar threw a volley of interesting questions at the "Bol Bachchan" star, and it seems the actor came out answering most of them with a straight face.
Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan
After continually playing second fiddle to his wife and former Miss World Aishwarya in the media throughout the years, Abhishek was asked on his sense of security of being married to "the most beautiful woman on the face of earth".
Like a true gentleman, Abhishek replied there was no anxiety in their relationship because their union was not superficial and, like any other couple, they are also a normal jodi. However, the doting husband could not stop praising his gorgeous wife.
"I believe she is and to me she is the most beautiful thing on earth. I see myself in the mirror every day and it is a horrific sight. So I am not competing, I can't. The reason why we got together wasn't cosmetic," Abhishek was quoted by PTI.
The actor then made quite a statement by claiming that Aishwarya did not marry him for his famous family name. "She is one of the most down-to-earth, normal people you will ever meet. She hasn't married me because I am a film star or I am a Bachchan and I haven't married her because she is the most beautiful woman on earth or one of the biggest stars on earth, so that never comes in the equation," the 38-year-old added.
Abhishek and Aishwarya are seen as the numero uno Bollywood couple. Right from their marriage, to their daughter Aaradhya's birth, and to Aishwarya's comeback, the pair has always been in constant limelight.
The couple has appeared in together in several films like "Guru" and "Dhai Akshar Prem Ke", "Sarkar Raj" and "Raavan."
Abhishek's full interview will be available this Sunday on "Koffee with Karan", where he appears with "Happy New Year" director Farah Khan.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft