Karan Johar Announces 'Shuddhi' Release Date, Deepika Padukone Expresses Interest
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 16, 2014 8:22 PM EST
The hype around "Shuddhi" has jumped a few notches higher, with producer Karan Johar announcing the release date of the film.
Just when reports started questioning the very fate of "Shuddhi" after first choice leads Hrithik Roshan and Kareena Kapoor opted out of the project, Johar surprised everyone by announcing that the film's release date.
The filmmaker announced that "Shuddhi" would be released on 25 December 25 2015, and that the cast would be made known in the following days.
SHUDDHI will release on Friday the 25th of December,2015...the Lead cast will be announced shortly...
— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) February 15, 2014
The Karan Malhotra directorial has been in news, ever since it was announced - pairing of Hrithik and Kareena after years. However, the film fell into rough waters, after Hrithik distanced from the project and Kareena's association became a doubt.
Meanwhile, rumours of Deepika Padukone being offered the film are gaining momentum. The actress, however, dispelled those reports, though she expressed an interest in the project, if approached by the makers.
"I haven't been approached for the film yet. I don't know if they (makers) know what is happening with the film," Deepika was quoted by PTI.
The actress remarked that Hrithik's association with the project seemed alluring to her. "At the point when Hrithik was doing it I would have definitely be interested in doing it. Now that he is not doing it, I don't know what is happening with the project."
And yet, the "Ram-Leela" star has kept her options open. "Yes I would do it, why not?... If Karan thinks I would do justice to it then I will do it. Though Hrithik is not doing the film, I would be okay to do the film with any other co-star. It all depends on what they plan to do with the project."
Meanwhile, media reports have narrowed down the options for the film's male lead to Ranveer Singh or Ranbir Kapoor. However, even Shah Rukh Khan's name has also popped up in some reports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko