‘Gunday’ Box Office Collection: Ranveer-Arjun Starrer Drops on Day 2; Earns ₹28 Crore
By Ankita Mehta | February 16, 2014 8:06 PM EST
Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor starrer "Gunday" has seen a considerable drop on its second day (Saturday) at the domestic box office.
On the first day, the action thriller raked in ₹16.12 crore but on Saturday the collections dropped to ₹12.63 crore. The second day drop was expected as the opening day benefited largely from being Valentine's Day.
It was expected that the film would register a drop of 15 to 20 percent but the second day income went down by almost 30 percent, according to boxofficeindia.
In two days "Gunday" managed to rake in ₹28.75 crore from around 2,800 screens in India.
The film had opened to good occupancy at both multiplexes and single screens on 14 February but witnessed a surprise fall on day two. The drop in the business on day two was more noticeable at multiplexes, compared to single screens.
With the film's accumulations dropping on day two, it remains to be seen how the action thriller will perform on Sunday. The film is expected to get enormous numbers on day three (Sunday) but the overall weekend figure will be affected due to Saturday's low earnings.
Besides India, the film opened to good response at overseas markets also. On the opening day, the flick accumulated ₹6.31 crore ($1,020, 000) from the UK, the US, Canada, UAE-GCC and Ireland box offices, according to Taran Adarsh.
UAE-GCC: The film minted $650, 000 (₹4.01 crore)
US-Canada: It raked in $177, 000 (₹1.10 crore)
UK-Ireland: It minted £69, 000 (₹71.45 lakh)
Rest of the World: $82, 000 (₹50 lakh)
A few screens are yet to report from the international market but the opening day income of "Gunday" is much better than last week's release "Hasee Toh Phasee".
The action thriller, directed by Ali Abbas Zafar, also features Priyanka Chorpa and Irrfan Khan in important roles.
Read the first day box office report of "Gunday" here.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June