Shocker: Pennsylvania’s Satanist Teen Miranda Barbour Admits Killing At Least 22 People, Claims to be Serial Killer
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | February 16, 2014 7:57 PM EST
A Pennsylvania teen, charged with the murder of a man after luring him to a rendezvous through the website Craigslist, has claimed that she is a serial killer and that she stopped counting the number of people she had killed when the number reached 22.
Representation picture (Reuter
Representation picture (Reuters)
The 19-year-old named Miranda Barbour admitted to murdering of the man and said that she had killed at least 22 people in different parts of the country, Sunbury - Pennsylvania's Daily Item newspaper said.
The woman, who also belonged to a Satanic cult, told the newspaper that she was guilty for stabbing Troy LaFerrara to death of Port Trevorton on Nov. 11 and went on to say that she had killed many others in Alaska, Texas, North Carolina and California in the past six years.
"When I hit 22, I stopped counting," she told the newspaper on Friday through a jailhouse phone.
She and her husband, Elytte Barbour, 22, had, in December, pleaded not guilty to the killing of the 42-year-old Troy LaFerrara, whose body was found dumped in an alley in Sunbury.
The local newspaper which has a daily circulation of 25,000 said that Barbour was now ready to speak with police about her other victims. "I can pinpoint on a map where you can find them," she said.
She also said that she agreed to sex for $100 with LaFerrara, whom she met through a Craigslist ad. After meeting in the parking lot of the Susquehanna Valley Mall in Hummels Wharf, they drove six miles to Sunbury. She revealed that the original plan was for her husband to only strangle him.
"He said the wrong things and then things got out of control," she said. "I can tell you he was not supposed to be stabbed. My husband was just supposed to strangle him."
The court documents say that Miranda Barbour had stabbed the man 20 times as Elytte Barbour, her husband, suddenly sprang from the floor of the car's back seat to strap a cord around LaFerrara's neck.
Adding that she had killed only "bad people," as her Satanism beliefs dictated, she said that she had no remorse for killing any one of them.
Barbour has said that she was molested at the age 4 by a relative. Nine years later she joined a satanic cult in Alaska after which she soon had her first experience of murder at the age of 13.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Reportedly Prohibits Camilla Parker-Bowles From ‘Seeing Her Family’ And Newborn
- Ebola in US: Stock Surge for Pharmaceutical Companies Working on Vaccine
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy: Duchess Forced By The Queen To Be Out In The Public Again
- 5 Things You Should Know About House Training Your Pets
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money