Ajith to Sport Slim Look in Gautham Menon Film; Suriya-Venkat Prabhu Flick to Commence in April?
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 16, 2014 7:47 PM EST
Check out the latest buzz on Ajith's upcoming film with Gautham Menon, and Suriya's film with Venkat Prabhu.
Ajith in "Veeram" (Facebook)
Kollywood Roundup (January 2014): Vijay vs Ajith Clash, Suriya's 'Anjaan' and Other Entertainment Stories
The Ajith-Gautham film was expected to kick off on 15 February but has been delayed. The film's script work is reportedly over and the director has got Ajith's approval. Then what is delaying the film?
According to reports, Gautham and his team are waiting for Ajith, who is working on getting a slim, toned look for the film. Ajith, who was seen in his famous salt and pepper look in his past few films, will reportedly shed that image and appear in a new look.
The buzz is that the actor will have a complete makeover for the new Gautham film - right from his look, costumes and hair style. Ajith has reportedly hit the gym to lose weight and sport a slim look. Once the actor gets the desired look, the shoot of the untitled flick will begin.
It is expected to go on floors by the end of February. The film will have Anushka Shetty as the female lead, whereas details about other cast members are yet to be revealed.
Suriya-Venkat Prabhu film
Suriya is currently busy with his new film "Anjaan", directed by Lingusamy. The film's shoot is progressing at a brisk pace and it is expected to have a mid-2014 release.
Even as the actor is busy with "Anjaan", the buzz surrounding his next film has started to emerge. It was earlier reported that Suriya will be working with director Venkat Prabhu after completing "Anjaan".
The Venkat Prabhu directorial is set to go on floors in April. According to reports, the director is giving some final touches to the film's script. Once it gets approval from Suriya, the official announcement will be made, which is expected to happen by the end of February, according to Indiaglitz.
Speculations are rife that Suriya will be playing a dual role in the untitled flick, deemed a fiction-based fantasy film that has huge scope for VFX. The film will reportedly be made simultaneously in Tamil and Telugu versions. There are also rumours that the team is planning to come up with a 3D version as well.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet