NBA Trade News - Possible Trade Deadline Deals: Andre Miller to Memphis Grizzlies
By James Patrick Quizon | February 16, 2014 5:38 PM EST
Since his falling out with Denver Nuggets first-year head coach Brian Shaw, it appeared that veteran court general Andre Miller will be on his Mile High City. With the trade deadline looming a deal could happen anytime soon and one of the teams interested in his services are the Memphis Grizzlies.to
According to Yahoo Sports’ Marc J. Spears, the relationship between Shaw and Miller is “beyond repair” and has reported that a deal near the deadline is all but a sure thing as the discord between the two parties has not improved.
“It’s a burned bridge. No reconciliation. He’s waiting by the door with his bag already packed. The relationship is irreparable. Under no circumstances does he want to come back to Denver,” said a source from Spears article.
One team that could use the experienced point guard is the Memphis Grizzlies, who is one of the teams in the West currently out of the playoff picture and may use some PG-help down the stretch
Memphis (29-23) is at 9th place, one and a half games behind the Golden State Warriors (31-22) and two and a half game behind the Phoenix Suns (30-21).
With lack of consistent playing time, Miller's numbers have hit career lows with 5.9 points and 3.3 assists per game in 30 outings this season.
If traded to Memphis, he will be the third point guard in the rotation behind starter Mike Conley and primary back-up Nick Calathes.
Here’s a probable exchange between the Nuggets and Grizzlies before the trade deadline:
A. Miller ($5M) for E. Davis ($3.15M) and J. Leuer ($900K)
Logic for Grizzlies: Gets the veteran guard that can back-up the PG spot and perhaps, the SG spot as well.
Logic for Nuggets: Davis has one year left in his deal so it’s a shorter one compared to Andre’s.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports