NBA Trade News - Possible Trade Deadline Deals: Andre Miller to Memphis Grizzlies
By James Patrick Quizon | February 16, 2014 5:38 PM EST
Since his falling out with Denver Nuggets first-year head coach Brian Shaw, it appeared that veteran court general Andre Miller will be on his Mile High City. With the trade deadline looming a deal could happen anytime soon and one of the teams interested in his services are the Memphis Grizzlies.to
According to Yahoo Sports’ Marc J. Spears, the relationship between Shaw and Miller is “beyond repair” and has reported that a deal near the deadline is all but a sure thing as the discord between the two parties has not improved.
“It’s a burned bridge. No reconciliation. He’s waiting by the door with his bag already packed. The relationship is irreparable. Under no circumstances does he want to come back to Denver,” said a source from Spears article.
One team that could use the experienced point guard is the Memphis Grizzlies, who is one of the teams in the West currently out of the playoff picture and may use some PG-help down the stretch
Memphis (29-23) is at 9th place, one and a half games behind the Golden State Warriors (31-22) and two and a half game behind the Phoenix Suns (30-21).
With lack of consistent playing time, Miller's numbers have hit career lows with 5.9 points and 3.3 assists per game in 30 outings this season.
If traded to Memphis, he will be the third point guard in the rotation behind starter Mike Conley and primary back-up Nick Calathes.
Here’s a probable exchange between the Nuggets and Grizzlies before the trade deadline:
A. Miller ($5M) for E. Davis ($3.15M) and J. Leuer ($900K)
Logic for Grizzlies: Gets the veteran guard that can back-up the PG spot and perhaps, the SG spot as well.
Logic for Nuggets: Davis has one year left in his deal so it’s a shorter one compared to Andre’s.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports