FA Cup Where to Watch Live: Arsenal vs Liverpool Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | February 16, 2014 4:43 PM EST
The wounds still raw, the memory still clearer than an HD TV, and that sense of revenge probably as heightened as it possibly can be, Arsenal take on Liverpool in the FA Cup fifth round just eight days after the Reds annihilated them 5-1 in the English Premier League.
Where to Watch Live
The game is scheduled for a 4 pm GMT (9.30 pm IST) start with live coverage on Star Sports 4 and Star Sports HD2. The match can also be watched via live streaming online in India HERE. Catch the action in the US HERE, while UK viewers can live stream the action HERE. The game can be live streamed in Australia and New Zealand HERE, while viewers in North Africa and the Middle East can catch the action live online HERE.
[Read the report HERE]
Arsenal did not convince they are capable of bouncing back from such a heavy defeat, only managing a 0-0 draw against we-play-and-we-mostly-lose-nowadays Manchester United, leaving those doubts hovering larger than life at the moment at the Emirates.
"I would say it is the first team we want to play," Arsene Wenger said. "When you can put things right, you want an opportunity to do that and we have an opportunity.
"We have got it out of our systems because our main frailty at Liverpool was that we conceded goal after goal in 20 minutes. On Wednesday night we came back to our usual defensive stability.
"But these guys are winners. When they lose in that way, believe me, they are hurt."
But then, the opportunity to convince the fans and the never-ending naysayers that this Arsenal side do have enough resolve in them to win trophies would have been on Wednesday, against a United side extremely low on confidence.
However, Arsenal failed to hit even second gear in front of their home crowd against the Premier League champions, resulting in a rather disappointing stalemate.
One thing is certain, Arsenal will definitely not be run over by Liverpool, like they were in the first 20 minutes at Anfield, but the manner of the result - win, draw or lose - will make a big difference for the rest of the season, which starts with an as difficult as it gets test against European champions Bayern Munich in the last 16 of the Champions League.
For Liverpool, who have no European games to worry about, it will be about pressing into those gaping wounds a little more, and see if Arsenal can crack a little further.
"You could see Arsenal were nervous in the game the other night, you could sense that," Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers said. "It's never easy when you get exposed like that but mainly it was down to our brilliance on the day really. We were outstanding.
"Usually a team will get time to get over a defeat like that so to come across us so quickly afterwards, it will be interesting to see the effects. When you put in a performance like we did against Arsenal, who were top of the league, it is one that can stick in the mind a wee bit more. But they will be motivated for this game.
"Players at this level are really competitive and will want to show the defeat is past them. They have some outstanding players, they have real quality right throughout the team and they have the quality to come back. But if we can get anywhere near the level we were at in the league game we will have a great."
Fans of Liverpool will be hoping for more of the same from their team, while the Gooners will not only want Arsenal to win, but win convincingly to put a real marker ahead of a seriously testing time of the season.
Team news: Arsenal: Mathieu Flamini is a welcome return for Wenger, with the French midfielder completing his three-match suspension, while new signing Kim Kallstrom remains out. Aaron Ramsey and Thomas Vermaelen are also sidelined along with long-term injury victims Abou Diaby and Theo Walcott. Santi Cazorla is a doubt for the game due to illness, with Wenger contemplating making some changes to his side, with the Bayern game in mind.
Liverpool: Glen Johnson has returned to training, but the Arsenal game is expected to come too soon for the right-back. Rodgers will also have to do without the services of Jose Enrique, Mamadou Sakho and Lucas Leiva.
Key men: Arsenal: Flamini will be given the job of screening his back-four, something that Arsenal sorely lacked in that 5-1 defeat.
Liverpool: Luis Suarez did not get on the scoresheet last weekend, but gave left-back Nacho Monreal as torrid a time as possible. The Uruguayan will be keen to add a goal or two this time around.
Expected lineups: Arsenal: Lukasz Fabianski; Carl Jenkinson, Per Mertesacker, Laurent Koscielny, Kieran Gibbs; Mathieu Flamini, Mikel Arteta; Serge Gnabry, Tomas Rosicky, Lukas Podolski; Nicklas Bendtner.
Liverpool: Simon Mignolet; Jon Flanagan, Martin Skrtel, Daniel Agger, Aly Cissokho; Philippe Coutinho, Steven Gerrard, Jordan Henderson; Raheem Sterling, Daniel Sturridge, Luis Suarez.
Prediction: 2-1 to Arsenal
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics Schedule & Results
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6