Nilambur Murder Case: Mohanlal-Starrer 'Drishyam' Inspired Accused to Cover-up Crime?
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 16, 2014 4:24 PM EST
Recently, a woman employee at the Congress office in Nilambur in north Kerala was brutally raped and murdered.
The woman was missing since 5 February and her decomposed body was found in a pond near Nilambur. The Kerala police arrested two people in connection with the case.
According to certain reports, the two accused in the murder case seem to have been influenced by the recently-released Malayalam film, "Drishyam" in covering up the murder.
The woman employee's murder had happened just days after ADGP T P Sen Kumar had slammed "Drishyam" and expressed his fears that the film could give out a wrong message to the audience. His fears seem to have come true with the two accused involved in the real-life murder were inspired by the Mohanlal starrer to hide the crime.
In the film, a youth gets murdered and the killers try to hide his body in a gunny bag and bury it. Similarly, in the real-life murder, the alleged killers put the woman's body in a bag and dumped in a pond. The accused had tied a stone to the sack to make sure that the bag does not surface, reported Gulfnews.
Apart from this, the accused seem to have taken one more tip from the film. In "Drishyam", the perpetrators discard the victim's SIM card in a truck. Similarly, in the real-life incident, the murderers get rid of the woman's SIM card on the railway track at Angadipuram, which is located some 40 km away from the crime scene.
Meanwhile, film's director Jeethu Joseph has reportedly responded to the claim that "Drishyam" motivated the criminals to carry out heinous crimes. Jeethu has reportedly said that the police are using his film's name to cover up their fault.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand
- New Zealand Medicine Products Sector To Get Own Regulator::Drops Plan For A Joint Regulator With Australia
- Canada's Ontario Students Score High Rank In Global Survey Of Computer Skills