CW’s Early Renewals for ‘The Vampire Diaries,’ ‘Supernatural,’ ‘The Originals,’ ‘Arrow’ & ‘Reign’
By Riza Ornos | February 16, 2014 3:53 PM EST
Fans of the CW's shows "The Vampire Diaries," "Supernatural," "The Originals," "Arrow" and "Reign" are having a field day for their early renewals. The good news was announced Thursday that the network has given early renewals to its strongest series while the famous bubble shows are estimated to have a 50-50 chance for its next season.
CW has ordered a sixth season of "The Vampire Diaries," a 10th season of its high powered fantasy series "Supernatural and a third season of "Arrow." Freshman series like "Reign" and "The Originals" are up for its second season.
"This season we've had great success with our new hit series The Originals paired with Supernatural, giving us our best Tuesday nights in years," according to CW's President Mark Pedowitz in an interview posted on E! Online. "The Vampire Diaries is No. 2 in its time period in the young adult demos, and with Arrow continuing to gain among young men, and Reign growing its time period, we now have strong nights on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I'm very pleased to announce early pickups for all five series, and let our fans know they'll have more great drama to look forward to next season."
"The Originals," "The Vampire Diaries" and "Supernatural" are three of the network's strongest series and its spinoffs is one of its highly rated pairings in years. Now on its seventh season, TVD recently hit its 100th episode and remains the network's highest rated show. The fantasy series has regularly outperformed Big Four competition from ABC and NBC this season.
Still CW's most-watched series, "Arrow" managed to gain 3.9 million viewers and continues to bring in men and female fans for the show. "Supernatural" has been hitting three-year highs and now on its ninth season, while the TVD spinoff "The Originals" is the new network No. 2.
CW's "Hart of Dixie" and "Beauty and the Beast" are struggling to stay on their spots as the network shuffled its schedule to make room for new shows, "Star-Crossed" and "The 100." Taking a break for a few weeks, "Beauty and the Beast" will move into its Monday home to give way to a rookie "The Tomorrow People."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims