CW’s Early Renewals for ‘The Vampire Diaries,’ ‘Supernatural,’ ‘The Originals,’ ‘Arrow’ & ‘Reign’
By Riza Ornos | February 16, 2014 3:53 PM EST
Fans of the CW's shows "The Vampire Diaries," "Supernatural," "The Originals," "Arrow" and "Reign" are having a field day for their early renewals. The good news was announced Thursday that the network has given early renewals to its strongest series while the famous bubble shows are estimated to have a 50-50 chance for its next season.
CW has ordered a sixth season of "The Vampire Diaries," a 10th season of its high powered fantasy series "Supernatural and a third season of "Arrow." Freshman series like "Reign" and "The Originals" are up for its second season.
"This season we've had great success with our new hit series The Originals paired with Supernatural, giving us our best Tuesday nights in years," according to CW's President Mark Pedowitz in an interview posted on E! Online. "The Vampire Diaries is No. 2 in its time period in the young adult demos, and with Arrow continuing to gain among young men, and Reign growing its time period, we now have strong nights on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I'm very pleased to announce early pickups for all five series, and let our fans know they'll have more great drama to look forward to next season."
"The Originals," "The Vampire Diaries" and "Supernatural" are three of the network's strongest series and its spinoffs is one of its highly rated pairings in years. Now on its seventh season, TVD recently hit its 100th episode and remains the network's highest rated show. The fantasy series has regularly outperformed Big Four competition from ABC and NBC this season.
Still CW's most-watched series, "Arrow" managed to gain 3.9 million viewers and continues to bring in men and female fans for the show. "Supernatural" has been hitting three-year highs and now on its ninth season, while the TVD spinoff "The Originals" is the new network No. 2.
CW's "Hart of Dixie" and "Beauty and the Beast" are struggling to stay on their spots as the network shuffled its schedule to make room for new shows, "Star-Crossed" and "The 100." Taking a break for a few weeks, "Beauty and the Beast" will move into its Monday home to give way to a rookie "The Tomorrow People."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6