CW’s Early Renewals for ‘The Vampire Diaries,’ ‘Supernatural,’ ‘The Originals,’ ‘Arrow’ & ‘Reign’
By Riza Ornos | February 16, 2014 3:53 PM EST
Fans of the CW's shows "The Vampire Diaries," "Supernatural," "The Originals," "Arrow" and "Reign" are having a field day for their early renewals. The good news was announced Thursday that the network has given early renewals to its strongest series while the famous bubble shows are estimated to have a 50-50 chance for its next season.
CW has ordered a sixth season of "The Vampire Diaries," a 10th season of its high powered fantasy series "Supernatural and a third season of "Arrow." Freshman series like "Reign" and "The Originals" are up for its second season.
"This season we've had great success with our new hit series The Originals paired with Supernatural, giving us our best Tuesday nights in years," according to CW's President Mark Pedowitz in an interview posted on E! Online. "The Vampire Diaries is No. 2 in its time period in the young adult demos, and with Arrow continuing to gain among young men, and Reign growing its time period, we now have strong nights on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I'm very pleased to announce early pickups for all five series, and let our fans know they'll have more great drama to look forward to next season."
"The Originals," "The Vampire Diaries" and "Supernatural" are three of the network's strongest series and its spinoffs is one of its highly rated pairings in years. Now on its seventh season, TVD recently hit its 100th episode and remains the network's highest rated show. The fantasy series has regularly outperformed Big Four competition from ABC and NBC this season.
Still CW's most-watched series, "Arrow" managed to gain 3.9 million viewers and continues to bring in men and female fans for the show. "Supernatural" has been hitting three-year highs and now on its ninth season, while the TVD spinoff "The Originals" is the new network No. 2.
CW's "Hart of Dixie" and "Beauty and the Beast" are struggling to stay on their spots as the network shuffled its schedule to make room for new shows, "Star-Crossed" and "The 100." Taking a break for a few weeks, "Beauty and the Beast" will move into its Monday home to give way to a rookie "The Tomorrow People."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage