Flappy Bird Deleted: Fan Wants White House to Intervene and Bring Back the Game on iOS and Android
By Tarun Mazumdar | February 16, 2014 3:52 PM EST
The untimely death of Flappy Bird led to fans spending countless hours wondering how to waste their time. Latest issue to join on the to-do list for President Obama is to bring back Flappy Bird back on iOS and Android devices.
The developer of Flappy Bird removed the game after he realised that it was way too addictive. Many did not even get a chance to play the game. However, a fan who played Flappy Bird believes the White House's intervention can solve this major gaming issue.
A person by the name D.S. is asking President Obama to bring back Flappy Bird and allow millions of users to enjoy the game again. The White House petition was launched on Thursday.
According to CNET, so far the petition has failed to generate the buzz as it got only 11 signatures. The petition will appear on WhiteHouse.gov after it receives 150 signatures. It needs 100,000 signatures to get a response from the White House.
However, there is one more problem, developer of Flappy Bird, Dong Nguyen lives in Vietnam and any response from the White House might not affect him or his decision to bring down the game.
The petition has been taken down. Yet, CNET has the text of the petition.
Check out the petition below.
"Flappy Bird, also known as the devil's game and apocalypse, suffered an untimely death. The game has been described as causing suicidal thoughts and has caused the destruction of millions of mobile devices. People have lost their wives, children, homes, and jobs.
So why bring back Flappy Bird you ask?
Because it is an addiction like no other. I am fortunate enough to still be playing Satan's game. Every time I lose my eyes burn like a thousand suns but I'm happy that I can feel such tremendous emotion.
I want everyone to be able to experience such emotional magnitude.
Bring the power back to the people. Let them choose whether they want to spend every waking moment trying to get through those tubes of horror with this mangled and deformed bird.
No copycat can match this game."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop