Flappy Bird Deleted: Fan Wants White House to Intervene and Bring Back the Game on iOS and Android
By Tarun Mazumdar | February 16, 2014 3:52 PM EST
The untimely death of Flappy Bird led to fans spending countless hours wondering how to waste their time. Latest issue to join on the to-do list for President Obama is to bring back Flappy Bird back on iOS and Android devices.
The developer of Flappy Bird removed the game after he realised that it was way too addictive. Many did not even get a chance to play the game. However, a fan who played Flappy Bird believes the White House's intervention can solve this major gaming issue.
A person by the name D.S. is asking President Obama to bring back Flappy Bird and allow millions of users to enjoy the game again. The White House petition was launched on Thursday.
According to CNET, so far the petition has failed to generate the buzz as it got only 11 signatures. The petition will appear on WhiteHouse.gov after it receives 150 signatures. It needs 100,000 signatures to get a response from the White House.
However, there is one more problem, developer of Flappy Bird, Dong Nguyen lives in Vietnam and any response from the White House might not affect him or his decision to bring down the game.
The petition has been taken down. Yet, CNET has the text of the petition.
Check out the petition below.
"Flappy Bird, also known as the devil's game and apocalypse, suffered an untimely death. The game has been described as causing suicidal thoughts and has caused the destruction of millions of mobile devices. People have lost their wives, children, homes, and jobs.
So why bring back Flappy Bird you ask?
Because it is an addiction like no other. I am fortunate enough to still be playing Satan's game. Every time I lose my eyes burn like a thousand suns but I'm happy that I can feel such tremendous emotion.
I want everyone to be able to experience such emotional magnitude.
Bring the power back to the people. Let them choose whether they want to spend every waking moment trying to get through those tubes of horror with this mangled and deformed bird.
No copycat can match this game."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles