Flappy Bird Deleted: Fan Wants White House to Intervene and Bring Back the Game on iOS and Android
By Tarun Mazumdar | February 16, 2014 3:52 PM EST
The untimely death of Flappy Bird led to fans spending countless hours wondering how to waste their time. Latest issue to join on the to-do list for President Obama is to bring back Flappy Bird back on iOS and Android devices.
The developer of Flappy Bird removed the game after he realised that it was way too addictive. Many did not even get a chance to play the game. However, a fan who played Flappy Bird believes the White House's intervention can solve this major gaming issue.
A person by the name D.S. is asking President Obama to bring back Flappy Bird and allow millions of users to enjoy the game again. The White House petition was launched on Thursday.
According to CNET, so far the petition has failed to generate the buzz as it got only 11 signatures. The petition will appear on WhiteHouse.gov after it receives 150 signatures. It needs 100,000 signatures to get a response from the White House.
However, there is one more problem, developer of Flappy Bird, Dong Nguyen lives in Vietnam and any response from the White House might not affect him or his decision to bring down the game.
The petition has been taken down. Yet, CNET has the text of the petition.
Check out the petition below.
"Flappy Bird, also known as the devil's game and apocalypse, suffered an untimely death. The game has been described as causing suicidal thoughts and has caused the destruction of millions of mobile devices. People have lost their wives, children, homes, and jobs.
So why bring back Flappy Bird you ask?
Because it is an addiction like no other. I am fortunate enough to still be playing Satan's game. Every time I lose my eyes burn like a thousand suns but I'm happy that I can feel such tremendous emotion.
I want everyone to be able to experience such emotional magnitude.
Bring the power back to the people. Let them choose whether they want to spend every waking moment trying to get through those tubes of horror with this mangled and deformed bird.
No copycat can match this game."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best