Flappy Bird Deleted: Fan Wants White House to Intervene and Bring Back the Game on iOS and Android
By Tarun Mazumdar | February 16, 2014 3:52 PM EST
The untimely death of Flappy Bird led to fans spending countless hours wondering how to waste their time. Latest issue to join on the to-do list for President Obama is to bring back Flappy Bird back on iOS and Android devices.
The developer of Flappy Bird removed the game after he realised that it was way too addictive. Many did not even get a chance to play the game. However, a fan who played Flappy Bird believes the White House's intervention can solve this major gaming issue.
A person by the name D.S. is asking President Obama to bring back Flappy Bird and allow millions of users to enjoy the game again. The White House petition was launched on Thursday.
According to CNET, so far the petition has failed to generate the buzz as it got only 11 signatures. The petition will appear on WhiteHouse.gov after it receives 150 signatures. It needs 100,000 signatures to get a response from the White House.
However, there is one more problem, developer of Flappy Bird, Dong Nguyen lives in Vietnam and any response from the White House might not affect him or his decision to bring down the game.
The petition has been taken down. Yet, CNET has the text of the petition.
Check out the petition below.
"Flappy Bird, also known as the devil's game and apocalypse, suffered an untimely death. The game has been described as causing suicidal thoughts and has caused the destruction of millions of mobile devices. People have lost their wives, children, homes, and jobs.
So why bring back Flappy Bird you ask?
Because it is an addiction like no other. I am fortunate enough to still be playing Satan's game. Every time I lose my eyes burn like a thousand suns but I'm happy that I can feel such tremendous emotion.
I want everyone to be able to experience such emotional magnitude.
Bring the power back to the people. Let them choose whether they want to spend every waking moment trying to get through those tubes of horror with this mangled and deformed bird.
No copycat can match this game."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett to Rediscover Nathan Fillion's Rick Castle; 'Derrick Storm' Coming to ABC [VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza