Android 4.4 KitKat Guide and Release Dates for Samsung Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note and Galaxy S3
By Precious Silva | February 16, 2014 1:32 PM EST
Samsung has been successful in the release of its devices throughout the years. However, despite the general success, the company has not always been as giving about Android updates. The company still needs to complete the list of Android 4.4 KitKat devices. Fortunately, the company has promised that it will complete the roll out for the first quarter of 2014. This means users can expect the complete roll out to be done around March.
Both Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung Galaxy Note 3 have both been in line to receive the Android 4.4 KitKat. Some regions have already received the update. Others, however, are still waiting for the official rollout of the upgrade. According to Phandroid and BGR, a number of devices will be receiving the KitKat update this first quarter. Some have already been in line while others are yet to get it. The following devices are as follows:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-i317
- Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-t217a
- Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-i337
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Active SGH-i537
- Samsung Galaxy Mega SGH-i527
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom SM-c105a
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900a
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 SGH-i467
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini SM-g730a
The Android 4.4 KitKat update for the Galaxy Note 3 began last January in Poland. For Samsung Galaxy S4, the KitKat update has started rolling out during the first week of February. Specifically, LTE-A variant users in South Korea has received the upgrade.
Previous reports of the Android 4.4 KitKat firmware for the Galaxy Note 3 and the Galaxy S4 indicate that users should not expect a major overhaul. Samsung did not alter KitKat as much. The update will appear more like an improved Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Improvements include Galaxy Gear compatibility and new camera features. Nonetheless, users can expect better device performance including changes to the user interface. Samsung added a number of icons to the update.
Despite the countless reports, Samsung remains tight lipped about the updates. People will have to wait for official announcements from their carriers or Samsung in their region.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2