GTA 5: 3-Weeks of Forced Playing Makes Japanese Kid Indisposed; Demand for Pet Dog Ownership Grows
By Aditya Bhat | February 15, 2014 11:57 PM EST
The record breaking action-adventure video game from Rockstar Games, Grand Theft Auto 5 (GTA 5), had a Japanese nine-year-old boy fall sick after he played the game for three weeks stratight.
The boy was reportedly forced by his step-father, Maasa Kawabata, 28, to play the game for at least three hours daily and with no breaks in between for a period of three weeks, reported Weird Asia News.
GTA 5 is a record-breaking video game from Rockstar Games.
It also claims that Kawabata was a nurse and was arrested in January 2014 on suspicion that he was harming the child's welfare. He, however, had wished for the child's death.
Kawabata had married, the child's mother in October 2012 and ever since had forced him to play video games when his mom was away since he thought the boy was "stupid," a "moron" and wanted him to "die."
The boy started to complain of being nauseatic and complained of headaches and stomach pain. It was diagnosed that the boy had a problem with his autonomic nervous system that was a result for the stress due to extended gameplay, resulting in fast heartbeats, high blood pressure and digestive tract malfunctions.
The game has an 'M' (Mature) rating that means that a nine-year-old should not play the game at all.
Pet Dog Ownership
Many of GTA 5 Online players have started demanding the right to have a pet, like there is for the single player in GTA 5, where if a player plays as Franklin, he can own a pet dog named Chop.
There are even suggestions that Rockstar must introduce a chain of pet stores in Los Santos where players will be able to buy a pet. If the player kills the animal he has to be penalized for it and there is also a suggestion for a pet competition, reported Motoring Crunch.
People's expectations have risen over the rumored news of a possible 1.09 update to GTA Online.
(See Also: GTA 5: Title Update 1.10 )
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS