GTA 5: 3-Weeks of Forced Playing Makes Japanese Kid Indisposed; Demand for Pet Dog Ownership Grows
By Aditya Bhat | February 15, 2014 11:57 PM EST
The record breaking action-adventure video game from Rockstar Games, Grand Theft Auto 5 (GTA 5), had a Japanese nine-year-old boy fall sick after he played the game for three weeks stratight.
The boy was reportedly forced by his step-father, Maasa Kawabata, 28, to play the game for at least three hours daily and with no breaks in between for a period of three weeks, reported Weird Asia News.
GTA 5 is a record-breaking video game from Rockstar Games.
It also claims that Kawabata was a nurse and was arrested in January 2014 on suspicion that he was harming the child's welfare. He, however, had wished for the child's death.
Kawabata had married, the child's mother in October 2012 and ever since had forced him to play video games when his mom was away since he thought the boy was "stupid," a "moron" and wanted him to "die."
The boy started to complain of being nauseatic and complained of headaches and stomach pain. It was diagnosed that the boy had a problem with his autonomic nervous system that was a result for the stress due to extended gameplay, resulting in fast heartbeats, high blood pressure and digestive tract malfunctions.
The game has an 'M' (Mature) rating that means that a nine-year-old should not play the game at all.
Pet Dog Ownership
Many of GTA 5 Online players have started demanding the right to have a pet, like there is for the single player in GTA 5, where if a player plays as Franklin, he can own a pet dog named Chop.
There are even suggestions that Rockstar must introduce a chain of pet stores in Los Santos where players will be able to buy a pet. If the player kills the animal he has to be penalized for it and there is also a suggestion for a pet competition, reported Motoring Crunch.
People's expectations have risen over the rumored news of a possible 1.09 update to GTA Online.
(See Also: GTA 5: Title Update 1.10 )
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People