GTA 5: 3-Weeks of Forced Playing Makes Japanese Kid Indisposed; Demand for Pet Dog Ownership Grows
By Aditya Bhat | February 15, 2014 11:57 PM EST
The record breaking action-adventure video game from Rockstar Games, Grand Theft Auto 5 (GTA 5), had a Japanese nine-year-old boy fall sick after he played the game for three weeks stratight.
The boy was reportedly forced by his step-father, Maasa Kawabata, 28, to play the game for at least three hours daily and with no breaks in between for a period of three weeks, reported Weird Asia News.
GTA 5 is a record-breaking video game from Rockstar Games.
Battlefield 4: EA Releases New PC Patch, Complete Patch Notes; Second Assault DLC Release on 18 February
It also claims that Kawabata was a nurse and was arrested in January 2014 on suspicion that he was harming the child's welfare. He, however, had wished for the child's death.
Kawabata had married, the child's mother in October 2012 and ever since had forced him to play video games when his mom was away since he thought the boy was "stupid," a "moron" and wanted him to "die."
The boy started to complain of being nauseatic and complained of headaches and stomach pain. It was diagnosed that the boy had a problem with his autonomic nervous system that was a result for the stress due to extended gameplay, resulting in fast heartbeats, high blood pressure and digestive tract malfunctions.
The game has an 'M' (Mature) rating that means that a nine-year-old should not play the game at all.
Pet Dog Ownership
Many of GTA 5 Online players have started demanding the right to have a pet, like there is for the single player in GTA 5, where if a player plays as Franklin, he can own a pet dog named Chop.
There are even suggestions that Rockstar must introduce a chain of pet stores in Los Santos where players will be able to buy a pet. If the player kills the animal he has to be penalized for it and there is also a suggestion for a pet competition, reported Motoring Crunch.
People's expectations have risen over the rumored news of a possible 1.09 update to GTA Online.
(See Also: GTA 5: Title Update 1.10 )
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- ‘Minecraft’ Buyout By Microsoft Complete as Mojang's Notch Says His Farewell
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet