Valentine Jailbreak: for a Date with Girlfriend Arizona Prisoner Scales 12-feet Wall, Crawls Razor Wire
By Johnlee Varghese | February 15, 2014 11:05 PM EST
Love can make people do crazy things! An Arizona prisoner, heart-broken over the fact that he was away from his girlfriend, scaled a 12-feet wall and crawled his way through razor wires, so as to meet his girlfriend.
After breaking away from the high-security prison facility, the Pinal County inmate went straight to the Gallopin’ Goose Saloon & Grill where he met his girlfriend, the meeting but is said to have lasted three minutes.
Joseph Andrew Dekenipp, 40, was later arrested at Coolidge, which is about 10 miles from the Pinal County Adult Dentention centre. The authorities found Dekenipp at the grill shop, with multiple wounds that he had sustained while crawling through the razor wire. He was arrested without incident.
The Arizona Central reported that, "Officials say Dekenipp would have had to scale 12-feet of fence, crawl through razor wire, and scale another wire-topped fence in order to leave the premesis. Sheriff’s officials are investigating what part, if any, other inmates may have had in Dekenipp’s escape. Officials say he told other inmates he was broken hearted for having been away from his girlfriend for so long."
Joseph Andrew Dekenipp was to be spend over about three hours before he was apprehended, but unfortunately he could spend only a few minutes with his girlfriend, as by the time she arrived, the police were also already on their way.
Dekenipp has been in prison since 10 January on charges of vehicle theft, trafficking stolen property, unlawful flight, theft and driving on a suspended license. Now the 40-year old will also be facing escape charges and it may take a long time for him to see his girlfriend again.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Of Cambridge ‘Dissed’ By Camilla Parker-Bowles; Delivery Expected In April- Reports
- 'Green Alien Eggs' Spotted on Sydney's Dee Why Beach
- Robin Williams Confessed To Loving Billy Connolly Like A Brother In A Final Goodbye Call
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde Attends Father’s Funeral Without Handcuffs, Brother Thanks TPB Founder’s Supporters on Facebook
- Drag Queens Fume That Facebook Is Banning Aliases And Threaten to Drop Out Of It
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4