Valentine Jailbreak: for a Date with Girlfriend Arizona Prisoner Scales 12-feet Wall, Crawls Razor Wire
By Johnlee Varghese | February 15, 2014 11:05 PM EST
Love can make people do crazy things! An Arizona prisoner, heart-broken over the fact that he was away from his girlfriend, scaled a 12-feet wall and crawled his way through razor wires, so as to meet his girlfriend.
After breaking away from the high-security prison facility, the Pinal County inmate went straight to the Gallopin’ Goose Saloon & Grill where he met his girlfriend, the meeting but is said to have lasted three minutes.
Joseph Andrew Dekenipp, 40, was later arrested at Coolidge, which is about 10 miles from the Pinal County Adult Dentention centre. The authorities found Dekenipp at the grill shop, with multiple wounds that he had sustained while crawling through the razor wire. He was arrested without incident.
The Arizona Central reported that, "Officials say Dekenipp would have had to scale 12-feet of fence, crawl through razor wire, and scale another wire-topped fence in order to leave the premesis. Sheriff’s officials are investigating what part, if any, other inmates may have had in Dekenipp’s escape. Officials say he told other inmates he was broken hearted for having been away from his girlfriend for so long."
Joseph Andrew Dekenipp was to be spend over about three hours before he was apprehended, but unfortunately he could spend only a few minutes with his girlfriend, as by the time she arrived, the police were also already on their way.
Dekenipp has been in prison since 10 January on charges of vehicle theft, trafficking stolen property, unlawful flight, theft and driving on a suspended license. Now the 40-year old will also be facing escape charges and it may take a long time for him to see his girlfriend again.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- iPhone 6 releasing Soon, Use Old Smartphones to Save Rainforest
- Tony Abbott Launches #BringThemHome Operation for MH17 Victims; Black Avatars Trending on Social Media
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports