Valentine Jailbreak: for a Date with Girlfriend Arizona Prisoner Scales 12-feet Wall, Crawls Razor Wire
By Johnlee Varghese | February 15, 2014 11:05 PM EST
Love can make people do crazy things! An Arizona prisoner, heart-broken over the fact that he was away from his girlfriend, scaled a 12-feet wall and crawled his way through razor wires, so as to meet his girlfriend.
After breaking away from the high-security prison facility, the Pinal County inmate went straight to the Gallopin’ Goose Saloon & Grill where he met his girlfriend, the meeting but is said to have lasted three minutes.
Joseph Andrew Dekenipp, 40, was later arrested at Coolidge, which is about 10 miles from the Pinal County Adult Dentention centre. The authorities found Dekenipp at the grill shop, with multiple wounds that he had sustained while crawling through the razor wire. He was arrested without incident.
The Arizona Central reported that, "Officials say Dekenipp would have had to scale 12-feet of fence, crawl through razor wire, and scale another wire-topped fence in order to leave the premesis. Sheriff’s officials are investigating what part, if any, other inmates may have had in Dekenipp’s escape. Officials say he told other inmates he was broken hearted for having been away from his girlfriend for so long."
Joseph Andrew Dekenipp was to be spend over about three hours before he was apprehended, but unfortunately he could spend only a few minutes with his girlfriend, as by the time she arrived, the police were also already on their way.
Dekenipp has been in prison since 10 January on charges of vehicle theft, trafficking stolen property, unlawful flight, theft and driving on a suspended license. Now the 40-year old will also be facing escape charges and it may take a long time for him to see his girlfriend again.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Gay Community In Liberia Persecuted For Ebola; Church Leaders Call Virus 'Punishment' For Homosexuality
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine