Pokemon X and Y: Mythical Pokemon Diancie Unmasked, Rules and Regulation of Beta Competition [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | February 15, 2014 10:11 PM EST
Nintendo has finally unmasked the mythical Pokemon Diancie that was being rumored to be the next Pokemon in the game, Pokemon X and Y.
Diancie the mythical Pokemon was unmasked by Nintendo.
This rock/fairy type Pokemon, that will be #719 in the pantheon of the game, will be making its appearance in an upcoming Pokemon movie, translated as "Cocoon of Destruction & Diancie". This will be followed by Diancie coming to the 3DS role-playing game at a later stage.
This pokemon is a rarity of sorts and it cannot be found during the normal play. Diancie has been described Pokemon Company as a Pokemon whose, "Body glitters pink, captivating the hearts of many. During battle, Diancie can produce a great volume of diamonds instantaneously by compressing air between its hands. It uses these diamonds to attack enemies and protect itself."
It is also mentioned that, "Groups of Carbink tend to gather around Diancie, but Diancie pays them little"
Carbink groups flock around Diancie, however, it does not give them any care and the Pokemon will act on its own will.
(YouTube Courtesy: officialnintendomag)
Rules and Regulation of Beta Competition
Pokemon Company has released detailed information regarding the Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Beta Competition on its official website. It said that the competition will be divided into Junior Division and Masters Division based on the year of birth of participants.
Participants born on or after January 1, 1998 are placed in the Junior Division and those born on or before December 31, 1997 are placed in the Masters Division.
How to receive invitations for Beta Competition?
There are two ways to make it in the completion, they are:
1. If you have been placed in the rankings, after participating in 2013 Global Showdown which was held for Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 in July 2013.
2. Apply for an additional participant spot, if you are granted the spot then you will be notified if you get an invitation as a pop-up notification on or after 19 February when logging in to Pokemon Global Link (PGL) Web site.
Rules for the Online Competition:
- Battle Format: It will be Double Battle.
- Eligible Pokemon: Those with Pokedex numbers 1-718.
- Exceptions: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, or Zygarde.
- Pokemon Levels: Levels will be automatically set to Level 30 during the battles.
- Limitations on Daily Battles: A limitation is set on the number of battles one can participate in a day (20 Battles). If you reach the full quota then you have to wait till the next day. If you have not reached the day's quota, the remaining battles will be carried over for the next day.
- The battle will last 3 days with maximum of 60 battles for each participant.
- There might also be limitations that are based on the participant's location and time of day.
- Play! Pokémon Championship format will not be followed.
- No Pokemon from Poke Transporter can be used.
- Participant Penalties: Strict action (involves being banned from all future competitions) might be taken against participants for -
Ø Disrespectful behavior affecting the other players negatively.
Ø Hacking and other similar activities.
Ø Registering using false information.
Ø Any other action that is deemed inappropriate and will be the discretion of the competition organizers.
- Organizers will not be bearing the responsibility for any accidents or damages that might arise of the test competition, regardless of origin or severity.
Along with the above rules Serebii has also released some information regarding the Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Beta Competition.
- There will be penalties for disconnecting from a battle.
- Region: International
- Pre-Registration Period: 19 July 2013 to 25 July 2013 (Entry into Black 2 and White 2 Global Showdown WiFi Competition Required)
- Registration Period: 31 January 2014
- Battle Period: 21 February 2014 - 24 February 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS