‘Hasee Toh Phasee’ Box Office Collection: Sidharth-Parineeti Starrer Performs Well on 2nd Friday
By Ankita Mehta | February 15, 2014 9:57 PM EST
"Hasee Toh Phasee" held well on second Friday at collection centres in India, despite the release of "Gunday".
Hasee Toh Phasee
The romantic comedy film starring Sidharth Malhotra and Parineeti Chopra raked in ₹1.45 crore on its eighth day (14 February).
The Friday's collection of "Hasee Toh Phasse" was decent due to Valentine's Day.
"#HaseeTohPhasee [2nd Week] Fri 1.45 cr. Total: approx ₹ 30 cr nett. India biz only," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
The rom-com has fared well in international arena in its first week. "Hasee Toh Phasee" has accumulated ₹9.57 crore in its first week from abroad.
UAE and GCC circuits contributed the highest share in the overseas collection.
"HaseeTohPhasee [1st Week] Overseas $ 1.541 million [₹ 9.57 cr]. UAE-GCC has contributed the maximum - $ 506,000. Good," Adarsh tweeted.
The eight days domestic and week one overseas combined total stands at ₹ 39.57 crore.
The lead characters have set up great chemistry, which is one of the main reasons of the film's good performance at the box office. However, the film would not enjoy its second week run as the arrival "Gunday" starring Priyanka Chopra, Arjun Kapoor and Ranveer Singh has started on a big note. [Read Gunday's first day box office report here]
The film performance at the box office is pretty good, but not exceptional, feels trade analysts.
"Hasee Toh Phasee didn't have a phenomenal opening despite being backed by two very iconic entities. But because of its interesting content, the film subsequently picked up. I personally believe, that the film would have got a very good opening if it had terrific music," Akshay Rathi of Rathi Group Of Cinemas told Financial Express.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles