Pawan Kalyan's 'Gabbar Singh 2' Not Shelved, Film Still on Track; Shooting to Commence from April?
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 15, 2014 9:05 PM EST
Ever since Venkatesh-Pawan Kalyan's new film - the remake of Hindi flick "Oh My God" - was announced, speculations about the Power Star's most-awaited film "Gabbar Singh 2" have started to emerge.
Pawan Kalyan - Screenshot from YouTube
Top Worldwide Week 1 Share (Telugu): 'Yevadu', 'Attarintiki Daredi', 'Gabbar Singh' Among Other Films
Top 10 Upcoming Telugu Films of 2014: 'Gabbar Singh 2', '1 Nenokkadine', 'Yevadu', 'Race Gurram' and Others
Rumours are doing the round that "Gabbar Singh 2", sequel to the 2012-blockbuster "Gabbar Singh", has been shelved. The Pawan Kalyan starrer was expected to hit floors in January, but was postponed. The delay in the film's shoot and the announcement of Pawan's presence in "Oh My God" remake has apparently led to speculations that "Gabbar Singh 2" is shelved.
However, sources close to the actor have rubbished the rumours of the film being shelved. According to them, the script work for "Gabbar Singh 2" is not yet completed and this has caused a delay in starting the film. The shooting of the Pawan starrer will start from April, according to CineJosh.
According to 123telugu, there are talks going on to hold puja ceremony for the film in the last week of February or in the first week of March. However, there is no official confirmation in this regard.
"Gabbar Singh 2" will be directed by Sampath Nandi and will be produced by Sharath Marar, a close friend of Pawan. While the Power Star will play the male lead, the film's team is still in search for the female lead. Details about the other cast members are also not yet available.
Music composer Devi Sri Prasad will reportedly be working on the soundtracks of the film.
"Gabbar Singh 2" is one of the most-awaited films of 2014, as it involves Pawan Kalyan - one of the biggest stars of south cinema. The actor is on a roll following the success of last year's release "Attarintiki Daredi", which is deemed as the industry hit in the Telugu film industry.
Expectations are high for "Gabbar Singh 2", as the film's prequel turned out to be a blockbuster in 2012. "Gabbar Singh" was the remake of Bollywood film "Dabangg" and just like the original version, the Telugu remake was well received. A sequel to "Dabangg" has already come and the film turned out to be a big hit. However, "Gabbar Singh 2" will not have the same story as the Hindi sequel and will have a fresh script.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions