Pawan Kalyan's 'Gabbar Singh 2' Not Shelved, Film Still on Track; Shooting to Commence from April?
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 15, 2014 9:05 PM EST
Ever since Venkatesh-Pawan Kalyan's new film - the remake of Hindi flick "Oh My God" - was announced, speculations about the Power Star's most-awaited film "Gabbar Singh 2" have started to emerge.
Pawan Kalyan - Screenshot from YouTube
Top Worldwide Week 1 Share (Telugu): 'Yevadu', 'Attarintiki Daredi', 'Gabbar Singh' Among Other Films
Top 10 Upcoming Telugu Films of 2014: 'Gabbar Singh 2', '1 Nenokkadine', 'Yevadu', 'Race Gurram' and Others
Rumours are doing the round that "Gabbar Singh 2", sequel to the 2012-blockbuster "Gabbar Singh", has been shelved. The Pawan Kalyan starrer was expected to hit floors in January, but was postponed. The delay in the film's shoot and the announcement of Pawan's presence in "Oh My God" remake has apparently led to speculations that "Gabbar Singh 2" is shelved.
However, sources close to the actor have rubbished the rumours of the film being shelved. According to them, the script work for "Gabbar Singh 2" is not yet completed and this has caused a delay in starting the film. The shooting of the Pawan starrer will start from April, according to CineJosh.
According to 123telugu, there are talks going on to hold puja ceremony for the film in the last week of February or in the first week of March. However, there is no official confirmation in this regard.
"Gabbar Singh 2" will be directed by Sampath Nandi and will be produced by Sharath Marar, a close friend of Pawan. While the Power Star will play the male lead, the film's team is still in search for the female lead. Details about the other cast members are also not yet available.
Music composer Devi Sri Prasad will reportedly be working on the soundtracks of the film.
"Gabbar Singh 2" is one of the most-awaited films of 2014, as it involves Pawan Kalyan - one of the biggest stars of south cinema. The actor is on a roll following the success of last year's release "Attarintiki Daredi", which is deemed as the industry hit in the Telugu film industry.
Expectations are high for "Gabbar Singh 2", as the film's prequel turned out to be a blockbuster in 2012. "Gabbar Singh" was the remake of Bollywood film "Dabangg" and just like the original version, the Telugu remake was well received. A sequel to "Dabangg" has already come and the film turned out to be a big hit. However, "Gabbar Singh 2" will not have the same story as the Hindi sequel and will have a fresh script.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June