Pawan Kalyan's 'Gabbar Singh 2' Not Shelved, Film Still on Track; Shooting to Commence from April?
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 15, 2014 9:05 PM EST
Ever since Venkatesh-Pawan Kalyan's new film - the remake of Hindi flick "Oh My God" - was announced, speculations about the Power Star's most-awaited film "Gabbar Singh 2" have started to emerge.
Pawan Kalyan - Screenshot from YouTube
Top Worldwide Week 1 Share (Telugu): 'Yevadu', 'Attarintiki Daredi', 'Gabbar Singh' Among Other Films
Top 10 Upcoming Telugu Films of 2014: 'Gabbar Singh 2', '1 Nenokkadine', 'Yevadu', 'Race Gurram' and Others
Rumours are doing the round that "Gabbar Singh 2", sequel to the 2012-blockbuster "Gabbar Singh", has been shelved. The Pawan Kalyan starrer was expected to hit floors in January, but was postponed. The delay in the film's shoot and the announcement of Pawan's presence in "Oh My God" remake has apparently led to speculations that "Gabbar Singh 2" is shelved.
However, sources close to the actor have rubbished the rumours of the film being shelved. According to them, the script work for "Gabbar Singh 2" is not yet completed and this has caused a delay in starting the film. The shooting of the Pawan starrer will start from April, according to CineJosh.
According to 123telugu, there are talks going on to hold puja ceremony for the film in the last week of February or in the first week of March. However, there is no official confirmation in this regard.
"Gabbar Singh 2" will be directed by Sampath Nandi and will be produced by Sharath Marar, a close friend of Pawan. While the Power Star will play the male lead, the film's team is still in search for the female lead. Details about the other cast members are also not yet available.
Music composer Devi Sri Prasad will reportedly be working on the soundtracks of the film.
"Gabbar Singh 2" is one of the most-awaited films of 2014, as it involves Pawan Kalyan - one of the biggest stars of south cinema. The actor is on a roll following the success of last year's release "Attarintiki Daredi", which is deemed as the industry hit in the Telugu film industry.
Expectations are high for "Gabbar Singh 2", as the film's prequel turned out to be a blockbuster in 2012. "Gabbar Singh" was the remake of Bollywood film "Dabangg" and just like the original version, the Telugu remake was well received. A sequel to "Dabangg" has already come and the film turned out to be a big hit. However, "Gabbar Singh 2" will not have the same story as the Hindi sequel and will have a fresh script.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Stefan Proposes To 'Elena Williams' In Promo Trailer For Episode 4 Titled 'Black Hole Sun' [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored
- Spain Offers To Train Iraqi Troops To Fight Back ISIS Militants: Kurdish Forces Making Gains In Kobani Against ISIS Surge