NFL Trade 2014: Dallas Cowboys Traded Tony Romo to Houston Texans?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 15, 2014 9:01 PM EST
The NFL trade has turned into a topic of discussion following reports that Dallas Cowboys had traded its quarterback Tony Romo to the Houston Texans for the first pick in the NFL Entry Draft 2014.
Tony Romo sat out the Cowboys first exhibition game
The news invited mixed reaction from football fans with some expressing dismay while others welcome, arguing that the Cowboys should move on from Romo era.
It was reported a few days ago that the Cowboys were eyeing former Texas A&M Aggies quarterback Johnny Manziel, who is said to be similar to Romo in more ways than one. Ex-NFL scout Daniel Jeremiah wrote on NFL website that the duo has lots of things in common, from playing style to skills.
"The Cowboys' signal-caller is bigger, but he (Romo) and Manziel have similar skill sets and styles of play," wrote Jeremiah.
"As passers, neither Manziel nor Romo have elite arm strength, but both can generate enough velocity to make every throw on the passing tree. Also, they can deliver the ball accurately from a variety of platforms and arm angles. They both have outstanding pocket awareness and the ability to escape the free rusher. They excel at extending plays and delivering accurate throws while on the move, to both the right and left sides of the field," he went on to say.
However, the Cowboys-Texans trade turns out to be a hoax. The truth is Romo is still with Dallas Cowboys despite being kept out of the playoff game against the Philadelphia Eagles.
The rumours on Romo's trade broke out following a fabricated story by Empire Sports that went viral.
"Recently out Cowboys QB Tony Romo has just been traded to Texas rival Houston Texans for the #1 overall pick in this yea'rs NFL Draft. Romo, who just recently came out to the public that he was gay with Cowboys teammate Jason Witten, signed a major extension but now Romo is headed to a new part of Texas and to a completely new conference and division," said a report by Empire Sports.
"Houston, which is QB needy felt that Romo could be a better option for them now than a rookie or any man on their roster could be now and for the short future that Romo may still have in the NFL. Its unknown what the idea behind this is, but Jerry Jones did hint that he liked a QB with his newly acquired #1 Overall pick. We got to meet with Jones and get his reasoning behind this all."
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar