NFL Trade 2014: Dallas Cowboys Traded Tony Romo to Houston Texans?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 15, 2014 9:01 PM EST
The NFL trade has turned into a topic of discussion following reports that Dallas Cowboys had traded its quarterback Tony Romo to the Houston Texans for the first pick in the NFL Entry Draft 2014.
Tony Romo sat out the Cowboys first exhibition game
The news invited mixed reaction from football fans with some expressing dismay while others welcome, arguing that the Cowboys should move on from Romo era.
It was reported a few days ago that the Cowboys were eyeing former Texas A&M Aggies quarterback Johnny Manziel, who is said to be similar to Romo in more ways than one. Ex-NFL scout Daniel Jeremiah wrote on NFL website that the duo has lots of things in common, from playing style to skills.
"The Cowboys' signal-caller is bigger, but he (Romo) and Manziel have similar skill sets and styles of play," wrote Jeremiah.
"As passers, neither Manziel nor Romo have elite arm strength, but both can generate enough velocity to make every throw on the passing tree. Also, they can deliver the ball accurately from a variety of platforms and arm angles. They both have outstanding pocket awareness and the ability to escape the free rusher. They excel at extending plays and delivering accurate throws while on the move, to both the right and left sides of the field," he went on to say.
However, the Cowboys-Texans trade turns out to be a hoax. The truth is Romo is still with Dallas Cowboys despite being kept out of the playoff game against the Philadelphia Eagles.
The rumours on Romo's trade broke out following a fabricated story by Empire Sports that went viral.
"Recently out Cowboys QB Tony Romo has just been traded to Texas rival Houston Texans for the #1 overall pick in this yea'rs NFL Draft. Romo, who just recently came out to the public that he was gay with Cowboys teammate Jason Witten, signed a major extension but now Romo is headed to a new part of Texas and to a completely new conference and division," said a report by Empire Sports.
"Houston, which is QB needy felt that Romo could be a better option for them now than a rookie or any man on their roster could be now and for the short future that Romo may still have in the NFL. Its unknown what the idea behind this is, but Jerry Jones did hint that he liked a QB with his newly acquired #1 Overall pick. We got to meet with Jones and get his reasoning behind this all."
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen