Director Priyadarshan Rubbishes Rumours of Divorce with Wife Lissy
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 15, 2014 8:06 PM EST
Noted director Priyadarshan has rubbished rumours he and his wife Lissy are getting a divorce.
Earlier, there were rumours suggesting that former actress Lissy and Priyadarshan are planning to get divorced. There were speculations that Lissy had demanded ₹80 crore as remuneration from Priyadarshan for taking care of his business. Rumours were also doing the rounds that some "special friendships" have caused a strain in their relationship.
Priyadarshan (REUTERS/SAKSHI DIDWANIA)
However, Priyadarshan has dismissed the rumours and denied getting a divorce. "All we had is a small fight, something that generally happens at home. It was over some serials and accounts problems and I don't know who blew it up to this level. I saw reports in certain regional papers stating that she asked me money, but that is not true. She has not demanded anything. I am trying to patch things up now. There is nothing like divorce," The Times of India quoted Priyadarshan.
Lissy was once a leading star in the south film industry having starred in several Malayalam films and a few Tamil and Telugu films. Lissy and Priyadarshan, a popular film director in south as well as in Bollywood, fell in love around the time when their Malayalam film "Chithram" released. They got married and Lissy stopped acting in films post the marriage.
The couple has two children who are studying abroad. Lissy and Priyadarshan live in Chennai and the former actress takes care of their business activities. Lissy and her husband are co-owners of Kerala Strikers, which represents the Kerala team in the Celebrity Cricket League (CCL).
This year's CCL began on 25 January and Lissy is said to have attended all the matches played by the Kerala team, except one match that took place on Sunday. Priyadarshan was spotted alone at the Kerala match in Kochi, while Lissy was absent. This has reportedly led to rumours of the couple parting ways and getting a divorce.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight