Director Priyadarshan Rubbishes Rumours of Divorce with Wife Lissy
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 15, 2014 8:06 PM EST
Noted director Priyadarshan has rubbished rumours he and his wife Lissy are getting a divorce.
Earlier, there were rumours suggesting that former actress Lissy and Priyadarshan are planning to get divorced. There were speculations that Lissy had demanded ₹80 crore as remuneration from Priyadarshan for taking care of his business. Rumours were also doing the rounds that some "special friendships" have caused a strain in their relationship.
Priyadarshan (REUTERS/SAKSHI DIDWANIA)
However, Priyadarshan has dismissed the rumours and denied getting a divorce. "All we had is a small fight, something that generally happens at home. It was over some serials and accounts problems and I don't know who blew it up to this level. I saw reports in certain regional papers stating that she asked me money, but that is not true. She has not demanded anything. I am trying to patch things up now. There is nothing like divorce," The Times of India quoted Priyadarshan.
Lissy was once a leading star in the south film industry having starred in several Malayalam films and a few Tamil and Telugu films. Lissy and Priyadarshan, a popular film director in south as well as in Bollywood, fell in love around the time when their Malayalam film "Chithram" released. They got married and Lissy stopped acting in films post the marriage.
The couple has two children who are studying abroad. Lissy and Priyadarshan live in Chennai and the former actress takes care of their business activities. Lissy and her husband are co-owners of Kerala Strikers, which represents the Kerala team in the Celebrity Cricket League (CCL).
This year's CCL began on 25 January and Lissy is said to have attended all the matches played by the Kerala team, except one match that took place on Sunday. Priyadarshan was spotted alone at the Kerala match in Kochi, while Lissy was absent. This has reportedly led to rumours of the couple parting ways and getting a divorce.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast