Director Priyadarshan Rubbishes Rumours of Divorce with Wife Lissy
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 15, 2014 8:06 PM EST
Noted director Priyadarshan has rubbished rumours he and his wife Lissy are getting a divorce.
Earlier, there were rumours suggesting that former actress Lissy and Priyadarshan are planning to get divorced. There were speculations that Lissy had demanded ₹80 crore as remuneration from Priyadarshan for taking care of his business. Rumours were also doing the rounds that some "special friendships" have caused a strain in their relationship.
Priyadarshan (REUTERS/SAKSHI DIDWANIA)
However, Priyadarshan has dismissed the rumours and denied getting a divorce. "All we had is a small fight, something that generally happens at home. It was over some serials and accounts problems and I don't know who blew it up to this level. I saw reports in certain regional papers stating that she asked me money, but that is not true. She has not demanded anything. I am trying to patch things up now. There is nothing like divorce," The Times of India quoted Priyadarshan.
Lissy was once a leading star in the south film industry having starred in several Malayalam films and a few Tamil and Telugu films. Lissy and Priyadarshan, a popular film director in south as well as in Bollywood, fell in love around the time when their Malayalam film "Chithram" released. They got married and Lissy stopped acting in films post the marriage.
The couple has two children who are studying abroad. Lissy and Priyadarshan live in Chennai and the former actress takes care of their business activities. Lissy and her husband are co-owners of Kerala Strikers, which represents the Kerala team in the Celebrity Cricket League (CCL).
This year's CCL began on 25 January and Lissy is said to have attended all the matches played by the Kerala team, except one match that took place on Sunday. Priyadarshan was spotted alone at the Kerala match in Kochi, while Lissy was absent. This has reportedly led to rumours of the couple parting ways and getting a divorce.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date