Director Priyadarshan Rubbishes Rumours of Divorce with Wife Lissy
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 15, 2014 8:06 PM EST
Noted director Priyadarshan has rubbished rumours he and his wife Lissy are getting a divorce.
Earlier, there were rumours suggesting that former actress Lissy and Priyadarshan are planning to get divorced. There were speculations that Lissy had demanded ₹80 crore as remuneration from Priyadarshan for taking care of his business. Rumours were also doing the rounds that some "special friendships" have caused a strain in their relationship.
Priyadarshan (REUTERS/SAKSHI DIDWANIA)
However, Priyadarshan has dismissed the rumours and denied getting a divorce. "All we had is a small fight, something that generally happens at home. It was over some serials and accounts problems and I don't know who blew it up to this level. I saw reports in certain regional papers stating that she asked me money, but that is not true. She has not demanded anything. I am trying to patch things up now. There is nothing like divorce," The Times of India quoted Priyadarshan.
Lissy was once a leading star in the south film industry having starred in several Malayalam films and a few Tamil and Telugu films. Lissy and Priyadarshan, a popular film director in south as well as in Bollywood, fell in love around the time when their Malayalam film "Chithram" released. They got married and Lissy stopped acting in films post the marriage.
The couple has two children who are studying abroad. Lissy and Priyadarshan live in Chennai and the former actress takes care of their business activities. Lissy and her husband are co-owners of Kerala Strikers, which represents the Kerala team in the Celebrity Cricket League (CCL).
This year's CCL began on 25 January and Lissy is said to have attended all the matches played by the Kerala team, except one match that took place on Sunday. Priyadarshan was spotted alone at the Kerala match in Kochi, while Lissy was absent. This has reportedly led to rumours of the couple parting ways and getting a divorce.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories