Ssangyong To Debut XLV Concept At Geneva Motor Show; Will Rival Ford Ecosport
By greeshma m | February 15, 2014 7:52 PM EST
South Korean automaker SsangYong is all set to introduce its new XLV concept at the upcoming 2014 Geneva International Motor Show, which is scheduled to be held in March.
SsangYong Rexton debuted in Inda
The XLV concept, a compact SUV measures 4,430mm in length, 1845mm in width, 1,600mm in height and a wheelbase of 2,600mm. Udner the hood, the car packs 1.6-litre diesel engine with an electric motor which is powered by a lithium-ion battery and the SUV concept is arranged in an innovative 2+2+2+1 arrangement.
The car will flaunt SsangYong's new design philosophy 'Nature born 3 motion', which projects 'rhythmical and dynamic exterior design and is aimed at the smart user who is active and seeks individuality and practicality'.
"The XLV is a multi-role B-segment SUV concept, featuring significantly lower CO2 emissions thanks to its mild hybrid system which combines a 1.6 litre diesel engine with an electric motor powered by a lithium-ion battery," the company said in a press release.
American automotive company Ford's EcoSport has been a huge success across the globe. In India; the EcoSport received overwhelming response since its launch.
Under the hood, EcoSport comes with 1.5L petrol, 1.5L diesel and the 1.0L EcoBoost engine. The 1.5L petrol engine is expected to give 112 PS power and 140 Nm torque. It will come in both manual and automatic transmissions. The manual transmission model claims to give a mileage of 15.8 kmpl, while the automatic model is expects to deliver 15.6 kmpl. The revolutionary EcoBoost EcoSport engine churns out a power of 125 PS and 170 Nm torque along with a mileage of 18.9 kmpl.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine