Ssangyong To Debut XLV Concept At Geneva Motor Show; Will Rival Ford Ecosport
By greeshma m | February 15, 2014 7:52 PM EST
South Korean automaker SsangYong is all set to introduce its new XLV concept at the upcoming 2014 Geneva International Motor Show, which is scheduled to be held in March.
SsangYong Rexton debuted in Inda
The XLV concept, a compact SUV measures 4,430mm in length, 1845mm in width, 1,600mm in height and a wheelbase of 2,600mm. Udner the hood, the car packs 1.6-litre diesel engine with an electric motor which is powered by a lithium-ion battery and the SUV concept is arranged in an innovative 2+2+2+1 arrangement.
The car will flaunt SsangYong's new design philosophy 'Nature born 3 motion', which projects 'rhythmical and dynamic exterior design and is aimed at the smart user who is active and seeks individuality and practicality'.
"The XLV is a multi-role B-segment SUV concept, featuring significantly lower CO2 emissions thanks to its mild hybrid system which combines a 1.6 litre diesel engine with an electric motor powered by a lithium-ion battery," the company said in a press release.
American automotive company Ford's EcoSport has been a huge success across the globe. In India; the EcoSport received overwhelming response since its launch.
Under the hood, EcoSport comes with 1.5L petrol, 1.5L diesel and the 1.0L EcoBoost engine. The 1.5L petrol engine is expected to give 112 PS power and 140 Nm torque. It will come in both manual and automatic transmissions. The manual transmission model claims to give a mileage of 15.8 kmpl, while the automatic model is expects to deliver 15.6 kmpl. The revolutionary EcoBoost EcoSport engine churns out a power of 125 PS and 170 Nm torque along with a mileage of 18.9 kmpl.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Floyd Mayweather Gets Investment Advice from Warren Buffett What to Do With Millions
- Former U.S. VP Al Gore Backs Ovo Energy by Investing £8 Million Before IPO
- Study Shows Gap Between What Advisors Say and What Resonates with Investors
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko