Ssangyong To Debut XLV Concept At Geneva Motor Show; Will Rival Ford Ecosport
By greeshma m | February 15, 2014 7:52 PM EST
South Korean automaker SsangYong is all set to introduce its new XLV concept at the upcoming 2014 Geneva International Motor Show, which is scheduled to be held in March.
SsangYong Rexton debuted in Inda
The XLV concept, a compact SUV measures 4,430mm in length, 1845mm in width, 1,600mm in height and a wheelbase of 2,600mm. Udner the hood, the car packs 1.6-litre diesel engine with an electric motor which is powered by a lithium-ion battery and the SUV concept is arranged in an innovative 2+2+2+1 arrangement.
The car will flaunt SsangYong's new design philosophy 'Nature born 3 motion', which projects 'rhythmical and dynamic exterior design and is aimed at the smart user who is active and seeks individuality and practicality'.
"The XLV is a multi-role B-segment SUV concept, featuring significantly lower CO2 emissions thanks to its mild hybrid system which combines a 1.6 litre diesel engine with an electric motor powered by a lithium-ion battery," the company said in a press release.
American automotive company Ford's EcoSport has been a huge success across the globe. In India; the EcoSport received overwhelming response since its launch.
Under the hood, EcoSport comes with 1.5L petrol, 1.5L diesel and the 1.0L EcoBoost engine. The 1.5L petrol engine is expected to give 112 PS power and 140 Nm torque. It will come in both manual and automatic transmissions. The manual transmission model claims to give a mileage of 15.8 kmpl, while the automatic model is expects to deliver 15.6 kmpl. The revolutionary EcoBoost EcoSport engine churns out a power of 125 PS and 170 Nm torque along with a mileage of 18.9 kmpl.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- New Zealand's Largest Snack Food Company Bought for NZ$700 Million
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June