Battlefield 4: EA Releases New PC Patch, Complete Patch Notes; Second Assault DLC Release on 18 February
By Aditya Bhat | February 15, 2014 7:43 PM EST
Electronic Arts, the publisher of the problematic FPS title, Battlefield 4 has issued a new patch for the PC version of the game that fixes most of the issues, which was troubling players and the game. The patch brings in improvements to the game's stability and gameplay.
Battlefield 4 gets PC patch.
It is a well-known fact that EA grappled with the several problems that includes server connection since its October launch. The problem was so grave that DICE, the developers went as far as stating that all the work on the future projects would be halted until problems on Battlefield 4 had been fixed.
Recently, Patrick Soderlund, executive vice president of EA Studios explained to investors in January that EA and DICE both faced a new challenge, which was unique and had to do with its massive launch.
"When Battlefield 4 launched, it was a very complex game, launching on two entirely new console platforms, as well as current-gen and PC," CVG quoted Soderlund. "We were pushing innovation heavily and we're delivering 60 frames per second gameplay for 64 players plus the ability to connect via mobile tablet as a commander into the product, coupled those with some very innovative features in the gameplay side."
"So what have we done since we encountered the problems is we were fortunate to have an architecture in place that allows us to adjust and update the game rapidly, and that's actually what we've done," he further added.
Below are the complete PC Patch notes for Battlefield 4 (CVG):
- General stability improvements
- Fix for an issue where spawning into, or switching to, a gunner seat in an IFV/MBT sometimes could cause the game to crash
- Fix for missing sound in Team/Squad Deathmatch
- Fix for an issue in the Defuse game mode, where a bomb carrier would be permanently spotted
- Decreased the rate at which the kill card would incorrectly display 0 health, while the enemy was clearly alive
- Fix for an invisible wall that was incorrectly present in one of the fallen concrete pipes on Zavod 311
- Fix for an issue where bullet impact sounds weren't properly matching the actual number of impacts
- Fix for an issue where the "Draw" message would not display on-screen once a Conquest round ended with both teams having the same amount of tickets
- Fix for an issue where long IDs wouldn't scroll on dog tags
- Fix for missing grass physics in terrain
- Fix for a crash that would occur when activating full screen in portrait mode
- Fix for stuttering that could appear during video sequences on multi-GPU PCs
- Fix for a memory system leak that could cause stalls, which would result in frames taking longer to process
- Reduced the amount of stalls that occurred when running with high graphics setting that require more GPU memory than is currently available
- Fixed screenshots on multi-GPU PCs
Second Assault DLC Release on 18 February
EA has also confirmed on its official Battlefield Blog that it will release Second Assault downloadable content (DLC) for Battlefield 4 on 18 February for PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and Xbox 360, but it will only be for Battlefield Premium subscribers. Non-subscribers will get it on 3 March.
Second Assault DLC will include - four maps - Operation Metro, Caspian Border, Gulf of Oman and Operation Firestorm.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports