2015 Hyundai i20 Spied Testing in India; Launch Speculations and Features
By greeshma m | February 15, 2014 6:46 PM EST
Korean auto Major Hyundai's new gen 2015 i20 spotted in the testing stages in Chennai.
Thanks to Motor Vikatan reader Jose Livingston.
Senior executives of Hyundai Motors India Limited (HMIL) pose with Hyundai's Santa Fe car during its launch at the Auto Expo in Greater Noida on the outskirts of New Delhi on February 5, 2014.
The car, which has been in the testing phase for quite some time, now is expected to hit the market sometime in 2014. If rumours are to be believed, the next generation i20 would make its first appearance at the 2014 Paris Motor Show which is scheduled for September 2014.
The second generation Hyundai i20, codneamed "IB" is believed to be one of the 22 cars that the company plans to launch under the 'Product Momentum 2017′ badge in the next three years. The test mule version of Hyundai i20 flaunted spacious cabin and premium features with changes in its exteriors and interiors. According to a Motoroids report, the car's global version is likely to pack 1.1 liter 3 pot diesel engine and the 1.2 liter 4 pot gasoline engine.
The engine options of India specific version is expected to be 1.4-liter diesel and 1.2-liter Kappa2 engine mated to either a 5-speed manual or a 6-speed manual transmissions. The company is yet to reveal anything about its newly developed i20. However, it is being said that the car is developed in Hyundai's R&D plant in Frankfurt & Nurburgring.
The company has recently unveiled its third generation Santa Fe and new compact sedan Xcent in India. The new Sanata Fe comes with a price tag ranging from ₹26.3 lakh to ₹29.2 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). It comes with manual and automatic transmission options. While the engine can churn out 197 PS at 3,800 rpm and 42.9 kgm of torque in the manual, the automatic transmission can generate 44.5 kgm of torque. ARAI figures for manual transmission (MT) are 14.7 kmpl and 13.1 kmpl for automatic transmission (AT).
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown