2015 Hyundai i20 Spied Testing in India; Launch Speculations and Features
By greeshma m | February 15, 2014 6:46 PM EST
Korean auto Major Hyundai's new gen 2015 i20 spotted in the testing stages in Chennai.
Thanks to Motor Vikatan reader Jose Livingston.
Senior executives of Hyundai Motors India Limited (HMIL) pose with Hyundai's Santa Fe car during its launch at the Auto Expo in Greater Noida on the outskirts of New Delhi on February 5, 2014.
The car, which has been in the testing phase for quite some time, now is expected to hit the market sometime in 2014. If rumours are to be believed, the next generation i20 would make its first appearance at the 2014 Paris Motor Show which is scheduled for September 2014.
The second generation Hyundai i20, codneamed "IB" is believed to be one of the 22 cars that the company plans to launch under the 'Product Momentum 2017′ badge in the next three years. The test mule version of Hyundai i20 flaunted spacious cabin and premium features with changes in its exteriors and interiors. According to a Motoroids report, the car's global version is likely to pack 1.1 liter 3 pot diesel engine and the 1.2 liter 4 pot gasoline engine.
The engine options of India specific version is expected to be 1.4-liter diesel and 1.2-liter Kappa2 engine mated to either a 5-speed manual or a 6-speed manual transmissions. The company is yet to reveal anything about its newly developed i20. However, it is being said that the car is developed in Hyundai's R&D plant in Frankfurt & Nurburgring.
The company has recently unveiled its third generation Santa Fe and new compact sedan Xcent in India. The new Sanata Fe comes with a price tag ranging from ₹26.3 lakh to ₹29.2 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). It comes with manual and automatic transmission options. While the engine can churn out 197 PS at 3,800 rpm and 42.9 kgm of torque in the manual, the automatic transmission can generate 44.5 kgm of torque. ARAI figures for manual transmission (MT) are 14.7 kmpl and 13.1 kmpl for automatic transmission (AT).
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown