Halo 5: Master Chief Voice Actor Reveals Game will Launch in 2015, Detracts Later
By Aditya Bhat | February 15, 2014 6:28 PM EST
Ever since Microsoft wooed fans and gamers with a teaser trailer of supposed Halo 5 for next-generation console at the E3 2013 press conference, there was no real information about the game, until the voice actor of Master Chief in the game, Steve Downes said that Halo 5 will be releasing in 2015. But he has now issued a new statement, where he had detracted from his earlier words on the game's release.
Will Halo 5 roll out in 2015?
This was possibly the first major confirmation that Halo 5 was in development, after Downes told GameZone in an interview: "I think you may be ahead of yourself on Halo 5," Downes said. "I wouldn't expect anything until 2015. What you can look forward to this year is an anniversary edition of Halo 2."
There was no clarification from him regarding who would be the developers of Halo 5 and what consoles would the game roll out to.
2014 marks the tenth anniversary of Halo 2 that was instrumental in defining Microsoft's Xbox LIVE on the original console, the Xbox.
However, this statement by Downes was all over the news and Microsoft had to issue a new statement to GameZone explaining that Downes actually meant something else when he spoke about Halo 5. "I think you're ahead of yourself on H5. I have read some things on line that you can look forward to a H2 anniversary edition maybe this year, but I have no official information one way or the other," it said.
Following Microsoft's statement, Downes too issued a new statement that detracted his earlier confirmation of Halo 5. "It sounds like I was 'confirming' [an] H2A edition, which I most certainly was not. I'm in no position to do that as I have no knowledge of it. I was only mentioning what I had seen on line about it," he said.
One thing that stands confirmed in all of this is that there will be a new anniversary edition of Halo 2 that will be releasing in 2014. "We can confirm your next Halo journey will begin in 2014, but beyond that, we don't have any details to share at this time," GameSpot quoted a Microsoft representative.
Microsoft had also said the next-generation title of the franchise will be having a 60fps frame rate and will also be using the company's cloud computing. The Halo 4, it was revealed was to be extended into a saga that includes the future Halo 5 and Halo 6.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid