Halo 5: Master Chief Voice Actor Reveals Game will Launch in 2015, Detracts Later
By Aditya Bhat | February 15, 2014 6:28 PM EST
Ever since Microsoft wooed fans and gamers with a teaser trailer of supposed Halo 5 for next-generation console at the E3 2013 press conference, there was no real information about the game, until the voice actor of Master Chief in the game, Steve Downes said that Halo 5 will be releasing in 2015. But he has now issued a new statement, where he had detracted from his earlier words on the game's release.
Will Halo 5 roll out in 2015?
This was possibly the first major confirmation that Halo 5 was in development, after Downes told GameZone in an interview: "I think you may be ahead of yourself on Halo 5," Downes said. "I wouldn't expect anything until 2015. What you can look forward to this year is an anniversary edition of Halo 2."
There was no clarification from him regarding who would be the developers of Halo 5 and what consoles would the game roll out to.
2014 marks the tenth anniversary of Halo 2 that was instrumental in defining Microsoft's Xbox LIVE on the original console, the Xbox.
However, this statement by Downes was all over the news and Microsoft had to issue a new statement to GameZone explaining that Downes actually meant something else when he spoke about Halo 5. "I think you're ahead of yourself on H5. I have read some things on line that you can look forward to a H2 anniversary edition maybe this year, but I have no official information one way or the other," it said.
Following Microsoft's statement, Downes too issued a new statement that detracted his earlier confirmation of Halo 5. "It sounds like I was 'confirming' [an] H2A edition, which I most certainly was not. I'm in no position to do that as I have no knowledge of it. I was only mentioning what I had seen on line about it," he said.
One thing that stands confirmed in all of this is that there will be a new anniversary edition of Halo 2 that will be releasing in 2014. "We can confirm your next Halo journey will begin in 2014, but beyond that, we don't have any details to share at this time," GameSpot quoted a Microsoft representative.
Microsoft had also said the next-generation title of the franchise will be having a 60fps frame rate and will also be using the company's cloud computing. The Halo 4, it was revealed was to be extended into a saga that includes the future Halo 5 and Halo 6.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown