FA Cup Where to Watch Live: Manchester City vs Chelsea Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | February 15, 2014 5:34 PM EST
Chelsea will look for an encore when they travel to Manchester City in the FA Cup fifth round on Saturday.
Where to Watch Live
The game is scheduled for a 5.15 pm GMT (10.45 pm IST) start with live coverage on Star Sports 4 and Star Sports HD2 in India. The match can also be watched via live streaming online HERE. Catch the action in the UK on ITV1, with the live streaming option available HERE. Viewers in the US can watch the game on TV on Fox Sports 2, while all the action can be caught online HERE. Australia viewers can live stream the match HERE, while the action can be live streamed for viewers in the Middle East and North Africa HERE.
The Blues came away with an impressive 1-0 win in the English Premier League a couple of weeks back, with Branislav Ivanovic scoring the only goal of the game.
That win was huge as Chelsea became the first team in the Premier League this season to take away any point from the Etihad, and the confidence from that result will, no doubt, be seeping through when the London side take the field yet again at City's fortress.
"We don't want a replay, we don't need a replay," Mourinho said. "We are not going there to try to get a draw and bring the game to Stamford Bridge. We want to try to win."
Chelsea played a sound strategic game against City on 3 February, soaking up the pressure from the home side before making use of the pace provided by the excellent Eden Hazard and Willian on the counter-attack.
There is little doubt that Mourinho and co. will have the same game plan in mind again. "No two games are the same but is our approach the same? Are we going there to try to win in spite of the fact we know we are going to play against the best team in this country? Yes, our approach is the same," Mourinho said.
"We analysed the game step by step and they had chances, our keeper played well. The game was very equal. You can try to read the previous game and try to improve things. You can try to analyse mistakes and the opposition, you can be influenced by the direction a game took. They will be strong even if they change their team or the way they play."
City were a little too vulnerable on the counter-attack in that 1-0 loss, and Manuel Pellegrini admitted his side will need to tighten up to prevent another disappointing result.
"I think the way that Chelsea played is the way they always play," Pellegrini said. "I don't think that is the reason why we didn't win that game.
"They played very well, we didn't play so well. We missed three clear options to score before and after they defended very well, but I don't think that's a reason to change the way we play.
"I think it will be a very similar game because we have a style of play that we don't change no matter who we play against. We know the important players that Chelsea have and the way they play.
"From the other game, we know also that we have to try not to be very open on the counter attack. Maybe we made some mistakes in defending and attacking and I hope that tomorrow we can arrange it. But we're not changing our style because we play against Chelsea."
City have had the advantage of some extra rest after their Premier League game against Sunderland in midweek was postponed due to bad weather, but with the confidence that Chelsea will take from their previous victory at the Etihad, it really is anyone's game to win.
Team news: Manchester City: Pellegrini has received a huge boost with the return of Samir Nasri, who has been out for a month since picking up an injury in the 2-0 win over Newcastle. Javi Garcia also returns, but City remain without Sergio Aguero, Matija Nastasic and Fernandinho.
Chelsea: John Terry is not ready for a return, while fellow central defender Gary Cahill is also a doubtful starter. If Cahill is not passed fit, then Mourinho will have to bring Ivanovic back into the centre of defence, with Cesar Azplicueta slotting in at right-back and Ashley Cole getting a rare big-game start.
Key men: Manchester City: Alvaro Negredo will need to put the finishing touches to the chances created by his playmakers.
Chelsea: Eden Hazard has been on a tear of late, and the Belgian's pace and creativity will, as always, be vital on counter-attacks.
Expected lineups: Manchester City: Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Kolarov; Toure, Garcia; Navas, Jovetic, Silva; Negredo.
Chelsea: Cech; Azpilicueta, Luiz, Ivanovic, Cole; Ramires, Lampard; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Torres.
Prediction: 2-1 to Manchester City
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June