Android v4.4.2 KitKat Update Now Seeding to Motorola Moto G (Dual-SIM) in India
By Rohit KVN | February 15, 2014 3:27 PM EST
Moto G maker Motorola has rolled out the KitKat update to the smartphone bringing additional applications with enhancements in performance in India.
Sunder Pichai /Twitter
KitKat Statue unveiled at Google's Mountain View Campus
Before the launch of Moto G, the company had spoken about releasing the new update soon. As promised, v4.4.2 KitKat firmware has been pushed via OTA (Over-The-Air) within the fortnight of its release, making Moto G, the only mid-range smartphone in the market to boast of the latest Android software.
Moto G owners can check for updates on the phone; just go to:
'Settings' >> scroll down, tap 'About Phone' >> check 'System Updates'
According to change log available with AndroidOS website, the new v4.4.2 firmware is said to bring in improved phone dialer, camera features (focus and exposure), Gallery (photo editing option), improved security, enhanced message app (now all SMS, audio, MMS and video chat records can now all be found under one roof at 'Hangouts'), Quickoffice word app, wireless printing (only in select HP printers, improvement in performance, battery life and more.
Other features of Android v4.4 KitKat OS update include:
Improved Caller-ID: If a caller receives a call from unknown number, the phone will look for matches on the net with local listings via Google Maps.
Priority Contacts: The new OS empowers the phone to automatically prioritize contact list for easy access, based on the frequency of calls made to the number.
Camera (Focus and Exposure): Improved 'touch focus' with a ring shaped on-screen control. Users can just drag finger to adjust the focus and exposure options.
Gallery (photo editing): Additional photo editing tools like new filters effects, draw on your photos, advanced cropping, adjustments to color, contrast and more.
Immersive display: To enhance the entertainment factor, the new OS comes with immersive mode, where the status bar and navigation buttons disappear into the back ground while you play music, games and read e-books. Users can just swipe the edge of the screen to bring back the utility buttons.
Enhanced Message grouping: Google has brought in some improvements to the new Hangouts app; now, users can find all their text SMSs and MMSs, audio and video call details all at one place. They can also share location and send animated GIFs.
Emoji Characters: Initially users had to install third party app to use colorful characters in their SMS. Now, with KitKat update, the keypad comes pre-loaded with native Japanese Emoji emotion icons.
NFC and Wireless Printing: Google's new OS comes with a new Quickoffice app where-in users can create and store word documents in cloud storage as well as print files wirelessly on NFC-enabled HP printers.
Multi-tasking: With efficient memory management, users can multi-task by opening multiple applications; Listen to music while browsing through the net.
Performance: Like all software updates, the new KitKat enhances smartphone's performance as well as efficient RAM management, leading to an increase in battery life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones