Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 vs. iPad Mini 2 Specs Comparison
By Sachin Trivedi | February 15, 2014 4:40 AM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 or the iPad Mini 2, here is a specs comparison between the two devices. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 comes with an 8.4 inch Super clear LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1600 x 2560 pixels resolution. The iPad Mini 2 comes with a 7.9 inch LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1536 x 2048 pixels resolution.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 comes with 219 x 128.5 x 7.2 mm dimensions and weighs 331 grams. The iPad Mini 2 comes with 200 x 134.7 x 7.5 mm dimensions and weighs 331 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 is equipped with a 2.3 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be upgraded to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The iPad Mini 2 is equipped with a 1.3 GHz dual core cyclone processor and Apple A7 chipset. It comes in 16 GB, 32 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 2 GB of RAM. The iPad Mini 2 runs on the iOS 7 operating system and has 1 GB of RAM.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The iPad Mini 2 sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and the secondary camera on the device is 1.2 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 4800 mAh battery, which allows for a multimedia play time of about 11 hours. The iPad Mini 2 comes with a non-removable 23.8 Wh Li-Po battery, which allows for a multimedia play time of about 10 hours.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 comes in black and white colour options wheras the iPad Mini 2 comes in space gray or black and silver or white colour options.
More Articles to Read
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide