iPhone 6 Releasing in June or September? First Images Leaked Online
By Raymond Ronamai | February 15, 2014 2:33 AM EST
There have been conflicting reports on the release date of Apple's next-generation smartphone iPhone 6, and latest reports claim the device is likely to be launched only in September, despite earlier speculations stating it would see the light of the day during Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in June.
Lewi Hussey via ConceptsiPhone
iPhone 6 Concept Image by Lewi Hussey
According to South China Morning Post, industry insiders who have seen the prototypes claimed that Apple would release iPhone 6 in two sizes - 4.7 inch and 5.5 inch - in September. Tech Radar and ET News had also reported that the new smartphone is expected to be launched in September.
However, Chinese analyst Sun Changxu, Jefferies analyst Peter Misek and South Korea's brokerage KDB Daewoo Securities had stated that Apple would release its much-awaited gadget at the WWDC event in June.
Meanwhile, some photos of the alleged iPhone 6 have surfaced for the first time. Going by the looks, the new smartphone appears to be much slimmer than its predecessor iPhone 5S and is expected to have an edge-to-edge screen. However, the authenticity of the leaked images has not been confirmed yet.
The new Apple smartphone is expected to come with a bigger screen. According to a note to the investors by KDB Daewoo Securities (translated by Oled Display), iPhone 6 will sport either a 4.7/4.8-inch display with a 1920x1080p (440ppi) or a 5.5-inch display with 2272×1280 (510ppi). It is expected to be powered by A8 chip (64-bit), run on iOS 7.2 and have a 1,800mAh battery.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2