Splendour In The Grass 2014 Announces Dates And Venue
By Anne Lu | February 15, 2014 2:22 AM EST
Splendour in the Grass 2014 has dates and venues. The Australian winter music festival has revealed its dates for the year, with North Byron Parklands site in Byron Bay once again the main venue.
The annual music event will take place from July 25 to 27, 2014, and its on-site camping will be available from July 23, Wednesday.
The 2013 festival was also held at the North Byron Parklands, but it was met with criticisms from festival-goers, who said that there were issues with toilet queues and delays in transport among many other complaints.
According to the organisers, they have learned the complaints, vowing to give patrons a more pleasant experience this year.
“We’d also like to take this opportunity to thank the thousands of people who completed our survey after Splendour 2013. We received a wealth of feedback, ideas, and useful information. We’ll keep you up to date with the improvements and extra curricular activities we have in store for Splendour 2014.”
The line-up for performing artists is yet to be announced, though rumours are abound that certain musicians have already been approached by the organisers.
Bulgarian singer Mikhael Paskalev, a new signee for Brisbane label Dew Process, might also make an appearance.
American singer/actress Sky Ferreira has let slip in January that she would be in Australia in July, which triggered rumours that she would be one of the artists in line for the festival.
“I’m definitely coming in July for a festival, I think. I’m not quite sure [of the exact date], but it’s in my summer,” she told Triple J in a radio interview. July is summer in the U.S.
The 2013 festival has seen the then up-and-coming Kiwi superstar Lorde suddenly part of the line-up. She replaced Frank Ocean at the last minute.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family