'Sherlock': Get Ready to Meet Cast & Crew of 'Sherlock'; And Why Benedict Cumberbatch Almost Turned Down 'Sherlock'
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 15, 2014 12:39 AM EST
Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, co-writers of "Sherlock," may have plotted out Season 4 and Season 5, but they are not yet revealing the original "Sherlock" stories that they intend to adapt for the next two seasons. Also, Moffat has hinted that it may take more time than expected for the lissome detective to come back on BBC. However, there is some good news for the fans of "Sherlock."
The first "Sherlock" convention has been announced. This official convention, called Sherlocked, will take place in Europe and the U.S. The three day event is scheduled to take place later this year - dates and locations have yet to be fixed. Fans will get an opportunity to interact with the cast and the crew of "Sherlock." Also, the convention will feature "Sherlock" themed activities, photo-shoots and autograph opportunities.
In a statement, released on fans' site Sherlockology, Sue Vertue, executive producer of "Sherlock," said: "We're very excited to be announcing our first official Sherlock convention for later in the year, aptly named SHERLOCKED. Massive Events have been pestering me for ages to get a date for this in the schedule but we wanted to make sure that we had the time and energy to make it a great, high quality and fun event, and now we have!" The news of the convention is likely to keep the "Sherlock" sphere buzzing and the fans excited.
In addition to the stories, Benedict Cumberbatch portrayal of "Sherlock" has also contributed, immensely, to make "Sherlock" the most talked about T.V. show, with millions upon millions of fans all across the world. The actor, however, had double thoughts of taking-up this role. Cumberbatch had almost turned down the role, as he thought the role might be "cheesy."
At a Bafta Event, called 'In Conversation,' Cumberbatch revealed, as quoted by Mirror, "It is the most dramatised character [Sherlock] of all time. I heard about it and thought that sounds like an idea to reinfranchise something to make money. It could be a bit cheap and cheesy."
The involvement of Moffat and Gatiss made Cumberbatch change his mind, as he was sure they wouldn't make it "cheesy" and "cheap," according the Mirror's report.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone