Salman to Follow Shah Rukh the IPL Way?
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 15, 2014 12:29 AM EST
Superstar Salman Khan has reportedly expressed an interest in owning a franchise in the commercial cricketing venture, Indian Premiere League (IPL).
Salman's contemporary Shah Rukh Khan is already the proud owner of one of the IPL teams - Kolkata Knight Riders - and it seems the "Dabangg" actor may follow in his footsteps soon.
According to reports, Salman was recently spotted discussing IPL and cricket matters with businessman Ness Wadia. Incidentally, Wadia, along with the actor's good friend Preity Zinta, own the IPL franchise Kings XI Punjab.
"Salman was the chief guest at this marathon that was organised by BJ Wadia hospital for underprivileged children. Post the flag off, Salman was seen talking to Ness. The two were discussing the IPL in great detail," Mid Day quoted a source as saying.
The report added that the superstar has discussed the matter with Wadia and his other friends on several occasions, and is "trying to work out how he can get a piece of the IPL pie." His inclination towards IPL stems from his love for the game.
However, it is not yet confirmed whether Salman has taken any definite decisions, regarding owning a stake in an IPL team.
The actor has been associated with Sohail Khan's Mumbai Heroes in the Celebrity Cricket League (CCL) over the years, and also attended the recent CCL match between Heroes and Telugu Warriors held in Dubai.
If Salman decides to associate himself with the glitz and glamour of IPL, he will join Bollywood counterparts like Preity, Shilpa Shetty Kundra, Juhi Chawla and Shah Rukh, who own franchises in the competition.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown