Valentine’s Day: Indulge in Some Long Distance Love This Year
By Prerna Sood | February 14, 2014 11:50 PM EST
When you are in love, everyday is special and worth celebrating. But of all those days, Valentine's Day is the most special one when you absolutely do not want to miss a chance to express your love. This is that one day when you want to be with your loved one, more than any other day. But what if you are in a long distance relationship? Being all alone, with your partner miles away, can be rough on you.
Tell you what; celebrating Valentine's Day is as easy even if you are in a long distance relationship. If you are not with your sweetheart this Valentine's, there's still so much you could do for them, just like you would if you were together. Read on and pick from these ideas to make your loved one feel on top of the world, even when you are physically away.
The 'I Love You' call
You call your partner everyday but on this extra special day, make sure you call them just to say" I love you". Call them first thing in the day. A classic expression of your love will leave them speechless. It will outdo any other romantic gesture or extravagant gifts. This phone call will make them feel extraordinary and will also set a joyful mood for the rest of the day.
Mail something handmade
There is nothing more romantic than a handmade gift to surprise your loved one. Adding a personal touch is always more special than a gift you bought from the mall. Send a hand-decorated picture frame with your favourite picture of the both of you. Or make a tape with all the songs that you think are romantic and dedicate it to her/him. You can also create a photo collage, knit them something or bake their favourite cake and send it over. Expect an overwhelmed excited phone call from your love to say thanks!
Plan an e-date
If you were together, you would have probably dressed up and gone out for an intimate dinner. You can easily do it over the internet. Plan a Skype/Viber/Face Time date where both of you show up at a pre-decided time, dressed for the occasion. Have a romantic time together while you eat with each other.
Make a video montage
Make a video! It's simple, romantic and does not require a lot of time. Select pictures that you think describe your relationship the best, put them together, make a slideshow and add a romantic song to the background. Or just pick up the camera and record a message, send it. Voila! Your partner will always remember how special you made their Valentine's this year.
The most foolproof way to your loved one's heart is through a classic love letter. Write them a letter telling them how much you love them, hand-decorate it and send it by post. They will never forget how special you made them feel.
Compose a song
Write a poem or compose a song for your partner. Record it on tape and mail it to them. Listening to you singing for them will make their Valentine's unforgettable!
If you can afford it, book a flight and give them a surprise visit on Valentine's Day. This is just the thing to do, especially for those who are not very far away. This will make the best Valentine's gift ever! Do not be surprised if they fall for you all over again.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
Join the Conversation
- 15 Orgasms/Week, $27K/Yr Salary Not Bad for Professional Toy Tester Cara Houiellebecq (VIDEO)
- Thai’s Crackdown on Commercial Surrogacy Exposes Aussie Couple’s Appalling Deed
- 2014 Perseid Meteor Shower vs. Supermoon: Best to View Meteor Shower Display before August 12 to 13 Peak
- Australian Wanted Man Threatens Terror in Australia, Demands Release of Muslim Prisoners
- Viral Video Cyring Sadie: 5-Year-Old Little Girl Does Not Want Her Baby Brother to Grow Up [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports