‘American Idol’ 2014 Season 13 Episode 10 'Hollywood Round, Week #3' Recap [WATCH VIDEOS]
By Janice Somosot | February 14, 2014 10:49 PM EST
"American Idol" 2014 also known as "American Idol XIII" is back on its tenth episode (air date: Feb. 13, 2014) after last Wednesday's episode which aired on Feb. 12, 2014 and featured the Episode 9 "Hollywood Round, Week #2." After the AI hopefuls' solo performances, they had to ride up an elevator and proceed to a room where the judges, namely Keith Urban, Jennifer Lopez and Harry Connick, Jr., were waiting to give the contestants their final judgment. They had to tell them whether they made it to the Top 30 (15 males, 15 females) or not. Read on to find out what happened in the "American Idol" 2014 Season 13 Episode 10 "Hollywood Round, Week #3" recap below.
Host Ryan Seacrest (L-R), Judges Keith Urban, Jennifer Lopez, Harry Connick, Jr., and executive producer Trish Kinane of "American Idol" take part in Fox Broadcasting Company's part of the Television Critics Association (TCA) Winter 2014 presentations in Pasadena, California, January 13, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
Of course, the contestants were all a bundle of nerves as they waited to know the judges' verdict. There were also a few tears from contestants who failed to make it through. Last night ended with a cliffhanger wherein Urban, Lopez and Connick, Jr. couldn't decide between similar country artists Casey Thrasher and C.J. Harris. They even had a sing-off right then and there to help the judges decide who to keep and who to let go.
But, it turns out all the suspense was overhyped because they both got through to the Top 30! Well, actually it's supposed to be Top 30 only, but more on that in little while.
Watch some of the videos uploaded on the official "American Idol" YouTube channel featuring the contestants' solo performances and final judgments:
Here are the rest of the AI Season 13 hopefuls who made it to the Top 30 (In Alphabetical Order):
1. Austin Wolfe
2. Brandy Neelly
3. Briana Oakley
4. Briston Maroney
5. Caleb Johnson
6. Casey Thrasher
7. C.J. Harris
8. Ethan Harris
9. Jena Asciutto
10. Kenzie Hall
11. Majesty Rose
12. Marrialle Sellars
Just for a quick recap, here are the ones who made it to the Top 30 on Wednesday (In Alphabetical Order):
1. Andrina Brogden
2. Alex Preston
3. Bria Anai
4. Dexter Roberts
5. Emily Piriz
6. Emmanuel Zidor
7. George Lovett
8. Jessica Meuse
9. Jillian Jensen
10. Jordan Brisbane
11. Kristen O'Connor
12. Malaya Watson
13. Malcolm Allen
14. Maurice Townsend
15. M.K. Nobilette
16. Sam Woolf
17. Spencer Lloyd
But, only 17 contestants got through on Wednesday (Feb. 12, 2014) and 12 contestants got through on Thursday (Feb. 13, 2014). This adds up to a total of 29 contestants.
That's because the judges again could not decide between Neco Starr and Ben Briley. However, instead of having the two of them sing again on-the-spot like what they did with the others, they will let America decide by voting online on who will stay and who will go.
Who will get the last spot? Will it be Ben Briley or Neco Starr? You'll find out next week (on a special Tuesday episode, Feb. 18, 2014) after the voting is over and the results are revealed. Or, watch out for spoilers about that here. Here's a picture of them from the official Twitter account of "American Idol":
— American Idol (@AmericanIdol) February 14, 2014
Unfortunately, these contestants did not make the cut and were sent home: Munfarid Zaidi, Savion Wright, Sarina Joi Crowe, Paula Hunt, Nalani Quintello, David Oliver Willis and Megan Miller
Check out this funny video of former AI judge turned in-house mentor Randy Jackson as he drops by on the show.
Click HERE to watch the Episode 10 Recap: A Hollywood Ending and the Final Judgment videos of several AI hopefuls including Majesty York, Ethan Harris, Caleb Johnson, Ben Briley and Neco Starr from the official "American Idol XIII" Web site.
Click HERE to watch the latest Hollywood Week - AMERICAN IDOL SEASON XIII videos from the official "American Idol XIII" YouTube channel.
Click HERE to see behind-the-scenes photos of Hollywood Week from the official "American Idol" Web site.
'American Idol' 2014 Season 13 Episode 9 'Hollywood Round, Week #2' Recap [WATCH VIDEOS] (Click HERE)
'American Idol' 2014 Season 13 Episode 8 'Hollywood Round, Week #1' Recap [WATCH VIDEOS] (Click HERE)
'American Idol' 2014 Season 13 Episode 7 'Hollywood or Home Round' Recap [WATCH VIDEOS] (Click HERE)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales