Chelsea FC News: Blues Defender will Determine Moving on or Not this Coming Summer
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 14, 2014 9:55 PM EST
Chelsea defender Ashley Cole will wait until the season ends before determining whether he should move on and play elsewhere or not.
Chelsea's Ashley Cole will decide on his future when the season ends
The 33-year-old, whose contract will expire this coming summer and has struggled to feature regularly for the Blues since coming back from a rib injury, is keeping his options open for the best possible deal.
The west London outfit could only offer him a one-year extension because of their existing policy covering players who are aged over 30.
Rivals Liverpool and MLS side New York Red Bulls are reported to be keen on acquiring the England international who still has much to offer on the pitch.
Chelsea are linked to be chasing Southampton starlet Luke Shaw, which may compel Cole to opt out, should a transfer materialise.
In any case, Blues manager Jose Mourinho will have the final say on whether the former Arsenal man can still stay at Stamford Bridge or not.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border