Chelsea FC News: Blues Defender will Determine Moving on or Not this Coming Summer
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 14, 2014 9:55 PM EST
Chelsea defender Ashley Cole will wait until the season ends before determining whether he should move on and play elsewhere or not.
Chelsea's Ashley Cole will decide on his future when the season ends
The 33-year-old, whose contract will expire this coming summer and has struggled to feature regularly for the Blues since coming back from a rib injury, is keeping his options open for the best possible deal.
The west London outfit could only offer him a one-year extension because of their existing policy covering players who are aged over 30.
Rivals Liverpool and MLS side New York Red Bulls are reported to be keen on acquiring the England international who still has much to offer on the pitch.
Chelsea are linked to be chasing Southampton starlet Luke Shaw, which may compel Cole to opt out, should a transfer materialise.
In any case, Blues manager Jose Mourinho will have the final say on whether the former Arsenal man can still stay at Stamford Bridge or not.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown