Chelsea FC News: Blues Defender will Determine Moving on or Not this Coming Summer
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 14, 2014 9:55 PM EST
Chelsea defender Ashley Cole will wait until the season ends before determining whether he should move on and play elsewhere or not.
Chelsea's Ashley Cole will decide on his future when the season ends
The 33-year-old, whose contract will expire this coming summer and has struggled to feature regularly for the Blues since coming back from a rib injury, is keeping his options open for the best possible deal.
The west London outfit could only offer him a one-year extension because of their existing policy covering players who are aged over 30.
Rivals Liverpool and MLS side New York Red Bulls are reported to be keen on acquiring the England international who still has much to offer on the pitch.
Chelsea are linked to be chasing Southampton starlet Luke Shaw, which may compel Cole to opt out, should a transfer materialise.
In any case, Blues manager Jose Mourinho will have the final say on whether the former Arsenal man can still stay at Stamford Bridge or not.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao: ‘Money Is Not An Issue, Mayweather Has Not Responded To Challenge Of A Charity Match’
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider