Chelsea FC News: Blues Defender will Determine Moving on or Not this Coming Summer
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 14, 2014 9:55 PM EST
Chelsea defender Ashley Cole will wait until the season ends before determining whether he should move on and play elsewhere or not.
Chelsea's Ashley Cole will decide on his future when the season ends
The 33-year-old, whose contract will expire this coming summer and has struggled to feature regularly for the Blues since coming back from a rib injury, is keeping his options open for the best possible deal.
The west London outfit could only offer him a one-year extension because of their existing policy covering players who are aged over 30.
Rivals Liverpool and MLS side New York Red Bulls are reported to be keen on acquiring the England international who still has much to offer on the pitch.
Chelsea are linked to be chasing Southampton starlet Luke Shaw, which may compel Cole to opt out, should a transfer materialise.
In any case, Blues manager Jose Mourinho will have the final say on whether the former Arsenal man can still stay at Stamford Bridge or not.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu