Chelsea FC Transfer News: Madrid Offers Sought-after Striker for On-Loan Goalkeeper
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 14, 2014 8:25 PM EST
Chelsea and Atletico Madrid have held talks concerning the possibility of keeping on-loan goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois at the Vicente Calderon, while sending striker Diego Costa the opposite way.
Jose Mourinho insists that Courtois will return to Stamford Bridge after his loan spell with Atletico Madrid
The Daily Star suggests that the La Liga outfit will also add £8million as part of the offer.
Meanwhile, an alternative option of the same nature is also laid, wherein Spanish starlet Koke plus a bigger amount of £16million is involved.
Blues boss Jose Mourinho has reiterated his stance in the past that the Belgian shot-stopper will not leave Stamford Bridge permanently any time soon, but Courtois does not want to head back to west London and serve as a back-up to Petr Cech nor does he want to renew his contract with Chelsea, unless he is assured that he will be handed the number 1 shirt.
Other clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona, who are looking for a personnel that can man the middle of the sticks on a long-term basis, are also interested in signing the 21-year-old.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop