Renault Drives In 'Duster Adventure;' Price and Feature Details
By greeshma m | February 14, 2014 7:37 PM EST
French auto major Renault has come out with a new edition of its best selling SUV - Duster - in India to counter the increasing competition in the lucrative market.
Renault Adds a New Multimedia System ‘Media NAV’ to Duster SUV
The new variant, which made its appearance at the recently concluded Delhi Auto Expo 2014, comes with a price tag of ₹ 12.18 Lakh. The new SUV, dubbed as "Renault Duster Adventure," accommodates a slew of new features like smoked headlamps, door side sill, wheel arch cladding, new 16-inch alloy wheels and metal-finish grab handle. Inside, the Duster Adventure packs piano black finish centre console and steering, Lime green seat fabric upholstery and fabric insert on the doors.
Beside this, the new edition includes features like USB port, four speakers, steering mounted controls, dual front airbags, ABS, EBD and Brake Assist. On the mechanical front, the vehicle comes with the same 1.5 litre, K9K, turbo diesel engine which powers Renault Duster RxL variant. The engine can churn out a power of 110 PS @ 3,900 rpm and peak torque of 248 Nm @ 2,250 rpm. It is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox.
The new avatar of Duster reached its best market, India at a time the SUV is facing tough competition from its rivals Ford EcoSport and Nissan Terrano. Renault's Duster is the fortune changer of the company in the domestic market. Though SUV has been riding high in India since its entry into the market, earlier reports indicated that the Ford EcoSport and Nissan Terrano have dented the market of Duster in the sub-continent. However, Renault is not ready to fall by the wayside easily.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- New Zealand's Largest Snack Food Company Bought for NZ$700 Million
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June