Renault Drives In 'Duster Adventure;' Price and Feature Details
By greeshma m | February 14, 2014 7:37 PM EST
French auto major Renault has come out with a new edition of its best selling SUV - Duster - in India to counter the increasing competition in the lucrative market.
Renault Adds a New Multimedia System ‘Media NAV’ to Duster SUV
The new variant, which made its appearance at the recently concluded Delhi Auto Expo 2014, comes with a price tag of ₹ 12.18 Lakh. The new SUV, dubbed as "Renault Duster Adventure," accommodates a slew of new features like smoked headlamps, door side sill, wheel arch cladding, new 16-inch alloy wheels and metal-finish grab handle. Inside, the Duster Adventure packs piano black finish centre console and steering, Lime green seat fabric upholstery and fabric insert on the doors.
Beside this, the new edition includes features like USB port, four speakers, steering mounted controls, dual front airbags, ABS, EBD and Brake Assist. On the mechanical front, the vehicle comes with the same 1.5 litre, K9K, turbo diesel engine which powers Renault Duster RxL variant. The engine can churn out a power of 110 PS @ 3,900 rpm and peak torque of 248 Nm @ 2,250 rpm. It is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox.
The new avatar of Duster reached its best market, India at a time the SUV is facing tough competition from its rivals Ford EcoSport and Nissan Terrano. Renault's Duster is the fortune changer of the company in the domestic market. Though SUV has been riding high in India since its entry into the market, earlier reports indicated that the Ford EcoSport and Nissan Terrano have dented the market of Duster in the sub-continent. However, Renault is not ready to fall by the wayside easily.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc Shifting to 'Lifestyle Brand' Under Tim Cook; Samsung Losing Smartphone Numbers War
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff