Renault Drives In 'Duster Adventure;' Price and Feature Details
By greeshma m | February 14, 2014 7:37 PM EST
French auto major Renault has come out with a new edition of its best selling SUV - Duster - in India to counter the increasing competition in the lucrative market.
Renault Adds a New Multimedia System ‘Media NAV’ to Duster SUV
The new variant, which made its appearance at the recently concluded Delhi Auto Expo 2014, comes with a price tag of ₹ 12.18 Lakh. The new SUV, dubbed as "Renault Duster Adventure," accommodates a slew of new features like smoked headlamps, door side sill, wheel arch cladding, new 16-inch alloy wheels and metal-finish grab handle. Inside, the Duster Adventure packs piano black finish centre console and steering, Lime green seat fabric upholstery and fabric insert on the doors.
Beside this, the new edition includes features like USB port, four speakers, steering mounted controls, dual front airbags, ABS, EBD and Brake Assist. On the mechanical front, the vehicle comes with the same 1.5 litre, K9K, turbo diesel engine which powers Renault Duster RxL variant. The engine can churn out a power of 110 PS @ 3,900 rpm and peak torque of 248 Nm @ 2,250 rpm. It is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox.
The new avatar of Duster reached its best market, India at a time the SUV is facing tough competition from its rivals Ford EcoSport and Nissan Terrano. Renault's Duster is the fortune changer of the company in the domestic market. Though SUV has been riding high in India since its entry into the market, earlier reports indicated that the Ford EcoSport and Nissan Terrano have dented the market of Duster in the sub-continent. However, Renault is not ready to fall by the wayside easily.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock EPS Raised to $7.67 Per Share; Apple Pay Could Be Promising in Australia
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date