'House of Cards' Season 2 Valentine’s Day Premiere: Kate Mara, Barack Obama Express Excitement; Details on Netflix Availability
By Keerthi Mohan | February 14, 2014 6:47 PM EST
Season two of “House of Cards,” which premieres on Valentine’s Day through Netflix, will be as surprising and addictive as its first season, Kate Mara, who plays the role of Zoe Barnes, an ambitious journalist, in the political drama told GQ.
Cast member Kate Mara poses at the premiere for the second season of the television series "House of Cards" at the Directors Guild of America in Los Angeles, California February 13, 2014.
Mara is featured in the magazine’s March issue, and she said that she is as excited as the others to watch Season 2 of the political drama.
“Last year, before Season One came out, I had seen all the episodes; this year I haven’t, so I’m just as excited to watch it like anyone else. Still, I think it's just as surprising and addictive. Hopefully, we'll see,” she told GQ.
On preparing for her role, Mara said that the most challenging part was understanding the ambition of the character.
“But being a journalist wasn’t the most important thing for me. That was just her job—it could be anything. The most important aspect of Zoe that I felt I needed to understand and wrap my head around was her crazy drive and ambition. Sitting around with Beau [Willimon] and [David] Fincher and Kevin [Spacey], just setting the backstories—that’s where I got all of my information.”
On Friday, all 13 episodes of the second season will begin streaming on Netflix from 3.01a.m. EDT (1.31 p.m IST). Filming of the third season will begin later this year.
Meanwhile, U.S. President Barack Obama is equally excited about the series, and on Thursday, he asked “House of Cards” fans not to post spoilers on social networking sites.
“Tomorrow: @HouseOfCards. No spoilers, please,” Obama tweeted on Thursday.
It is no secret that the President is a huge fan of the series. During a White House meeting last December, Obama was heard asking Netflix’s CEO Reed Hastings, “I’m just wondering if you brought advance copies of House Of Cards?” Deadline reported.
Obama is also a fan of “Breaking Bad”, “Game of Thrones” and “Boardwalk Empire.”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales