'House of Cards' Season 2 Valentine’s Day Premiere: Kate Mara, Barack Obama Express Excitement; Details on Netflix Availability
By Keerthi Mohan | February 14, 2014 6:47 PM EST
Season two of “House of Cards,” which premieres on Valentine’s Day through Netflix, will be as surprising and addictive as its first season, Kate Mara, who plays the role of Zoe Barnes, an ambitious journalist, in the political drama told GQ.
Cast member Kate Mara poses at the premiere for the second season of the television series "House of Cards" at the Directors Guild of America in Los Angeles, California February 13, 2014.
Mara is featured in the magazine’s March issue, and she said that she is as excited as the others to watch Season 2 of the political drama.
“Last year, before Season One came out, I had seen all the episodes; this year I haven’t, so I’m just as excited to watch it like anyone else. Still, I think it's just as surprising and addictive. Hopefully, we'll see,” she told GQ.
On preparing for her role, Mara said that the most challenging part was understanding the ambition of the character.
“But being a journalist wasn’t the most important thing for me. That was just her job—it could be anything. The most important aspect of Zoe that I felt I needed to understand and wrap my head around was her crazy drive and ambition. Sitting around with Beau [Willimon] and [David] Fincher and Kevin [Spacey], just setting the backstories—that’s where I got all of my information.”
On Friday, all 13 episodes of the second season will begin streaming on Netflix from 3.01a.m. EDT (1.31 p.m IST). Filming of the third season will begin later this year.
Meanwhile, U.S. President Barack Obama is equally excited about the series, and on Thursday, he asked “House of Cards” fans not to post spoilers on social networking sites.
“Tomorrow: @HouseOfCards. No spoilers, please,” Obama tweeted on Thursday.
It is no secret that the President is a huge fan of the series. During a White House meeting last December, Obama was heard asking Netflix’s CEO Reed Hastings, “I’m just wondering if you brought advance copies of House Of Cards?” Deadline reported.
Obama is also a fan of “Breaking Bad”, “Game of Thrones” and “Boardwalk Empire.”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Winner: Eliminated Contestants Predict Who Could Win It All
- Prince Harry Enjoys Three-Day Visit To Oman, Picks Up Present For Prince George And Performs With Traditional Sword Dancers
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices