'House of Cards' Season 2 Valentine’s Day Premiere: Kate Mara, Barack Obama Express Excitement; Details on Netflix Availability
By Keerthi Mohan | February 14, 2014 6:47 PM EST
Season two of “House of Cards,” which premieres on Valentine’s Day through Netflix, will be as surprising and addictive as its first season, Kate Mara, who plays the role of Zoe Barnes, an ambitious journalist, in the political drama told GQ.
Cast member Kate Mara poses at the premiere for the second season of the television series "House of Cards" at the Directors Guild of America in Los Angeles, California February 13, 2014.
Mara is featured in the magazine’s March issue, and she said that she is as excited as the others to watch Season 2 of the political drama.
“Last year, before Season One came out, I had seen all the episodes; this year I haven’t, so I’m just as excited to watch it like anyone else. Still, I think it's just as surprising and addictive. Hopefully, we'll see,” she told GQ.
On preparing for her role, Mara said that the most challenging part was understanding the ambition of the character.
“But being a journalist wasn’t the most important thing for me. That was just her job—it could be anything. The most important aspect of Zoe that I felt I needed to understand and wrap my head around was her crazy drive and ambition. Sitting around with Beau [Willimon] and [David] Fincher and Kevin [Spacey], just setting the backstories—that’s where I got all of my information.”
On Friday, all 13 episodes of the second season will begin streaming on Netflix from 3.01a.m. EDT (1.31 p.m IST). Filming of the third season will begin later this year.
Meanwhile, U.S. President Barack Obama is equally excited about the series, and on Thursday, he asked “House of Cards” fans not to post spoilers on social networking sites.
“Tomorrow: @HouseOfCards. No spoilers, please,” Obama tweeted on Thursday.
It is no secret that the President is a huge fan of the series. During a White House meeting last December, Obama was heard asking Netflix’s CEO Reed Hastings, “I’m just wondering if you brought advance copies of House Of Cards?” Deadline reported.
Obama is also a fan of “Breaking Bad”, “Game of Thrones” and “Boardwalk Empire.”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports