'House of Cards' Season 2 Valentine’s Day Premiere: Kate Mara, Barack Obama Express Excitement; Details on Netflix Availability
By Keerthi Mohan | February 14, 2014 6:47 PM EST
Season two of “House of Cards,” which premieres on Valentine’s Day through Netflix, will be as surprising and addictive as its first season, Kate Mara, who plays the role of Zoe Barnes, an ambitious journalist, in the political drama told GQ.
Cast member Kate Mara poses at the premiere for the second season of the television series "House of Cards" at the Directors Guild of America in Los Angeles, California February 13, 2014.
Mara is featured in the magazine’s March issue, and she said that she is as excited as the others to watch Season 2 of the political drama.
“Last year, before Season One came out, I had seen all the episodes; this year I haven’t, so I’m just as excited to watch it like anyone else. Still, I think it's just as surprising and addictive. Hopefully, we'll see,” she told GQ.
On preparing for her role, Mara said that the most challenging part was understanding the ambition of the character.
“But being a journalist wasn’t the most important thing for me. That was just her job—it could be anything. The most important aspect of Zoe that I felt I needed to understand and wrap my head around was her crazy drive and ambition. Sitting around with Beau [Willimon] and [David] Fincher and Kevin [Spacey], just setting the backstories—that’s where I got all of my information.”
On Friday, all 13 episodes of the second season will begin streaming on Netflix from 3.01a.m. EDT (1.31 p.m IST). Filming of the third season will begin later this year.
Meanwhile, U.S. President Barack Obama is equally excited about the series, and on Thursday, he asked “House of Cards” fans not to post spoilers on social networking sites.
“Tomorrow: @HouseOfCards. No spoilers, please,” Obama tweeted on Thursday.
It is no secret that the President is a huge fan of the series. During a White House meeting last December, Obama was heard asking Netflix’s CEO Reed Hastings, “I’m just wondering if you brought advance copies of House Of Cards?” Deadline reported.
Obama is also a fan of “Breaking Bad”, “Game of Thrones” and “Boardwalk Empire.”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Elimination Recap: Redfoo’s Acts in the Bottom 2; Ed Sheeran, The Veronicas, AJR Guest Star [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes