'House of Cards' Season 2 Valentine’s Day Premiere: Kate Mara, Barack Obama Express Excitement; Details on Netflix Availability
By Keerthi Mohan | February 14, 2014 6:47 PM EST
Season two of “House of Cards,” which premieres on Valentine’s Day through Netflix, will be as surprising and addictive as its first season, Kate Mara, who plays the role of Zoe Barnes, an ambitious journalist, in the political drama told GQ.
Cast member Kate Mara poses at the premiere for the second season of the television series "House of Cards" at the Directors Guild of America in Los Angeles, California February 13, 2014.
Mara is featured in the magazine’s March issue, and she said that she is as excited as the others to watch Season 2 of the political drama.
“Last year, before Season One came out, I had seen all the episodes; this year I haven’t, so I’m just as excited to watch it like anyone else. Still, I think it's just as surprising and addictive. Hopefully, we'll see,” she told GQ.
On preparing for her role, Mara said that the most challenging part was understanding the ambition of the character.
“But being a journalist wasn’t the most important thing for me. That was just her job—it could be anything. The most important aspect of Zoe that I felt I needed to understand and wrap my head around was her crazy drive and ambition. Sitting around with Beau [Willimon] and [David] Fincher and Kevin [Spacey], just setting the backstories—that’s where I got all of my information.”
On Friday, all 13 episodes of the second season will begin streaming on Netflix from 3.01a.m. EDT (1.31 p.m IST). Filming of the third season will begin later this year.
Meanwhile, U.S. President Barack Obama is equally excited about the series, and on Thursday, he asked “House of Cards” fans not to post spoilers on social networking sites.
“Tomorrow: @HouseOfCards. No spoilers, please,” Obama tweeted on Thursday.
It is no secret that the President is a huge fan of the series. During a White House meeting last December, Obama was heard asking Netflix’s CEO Reed Hastings, “I’m just wondering if you brought advance copies of House Of Cards?” Deadline reported.
Obama is also a fan of “Breaking Bad”, “Game of Thrones” and “Boardwalk Empire.”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Watch What Happens When Sheldon Returns To His Apartment [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed