Nissan Ends Sales Deal with Hover Automotive India, to Sell Cars on Its Own
By greeshma m | February 14, 2014 6:29 PM EST
Nissan India has ended its sales deal with Hover Automotive India with immediate effect. The Japanese company on Friday stated that it has taken up all the marketing responsibility on its own. Hence, all Nissan-branded vehicles and spare parts will be sold in India by the company itself. The company is slated to kick start the marketing of its Datsun brand in India in March.
Though the company did not reveal the reason for the latest move, media reports indicate that poor sales of the cars could have forced it to cut ties with its Indian partner.
Kenichiro Yomura, Nissan President, India Operations, said: "Nissan is now at a point of maturity in India where the time is right to establish our own marketing and distribution operations." He added that Nissan's priority will be to ensure a smooth transition from current operations.
The company's brand, Datsun, recently unveiled the hatchback, "Go" and it would now be marketed in India exclusively by Nissan, a PTI report said.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza