Tinder Dating App Becomes a Rage at Sochi Winter Olympics; Olympic Village a Hotbed of Athlete Hook-Ups
By Keerthi Mohan | February 14, 2014 5:49 PM EST
Tinder has become extremely popular with athletes at Sochi’s Olympic Village, and an increasing number of Olympians are using the dating app to hook up, reports indicate.
American snowboarder Jamie Anderson recently revealed that the use of “Tinder in the Olympic Village is next level.”
“It’s all athletes! In the mountain village it’s all athletes. It’s hilarious. There are some cuties on there,” she told Us Weekly.
But the 23-year-old from Lake Tahoe, Calif., said she deleted her Tinder account after it became too distracting.
“There was a point where I had to be like, 'OK, this is way too distracting,'" she said of using Tinder. "I deleted my account to focus on the Olympics."
Tinder, according to its website, is a dating app that finds out the people who likes you nearby, and helps you to establish a connection with them if you are interested. It is among the fastest-growing dating apps, and it is not surprising that an increasing number of athletes are using it to hook up.
Traditionally, the Olympic Village has been a hotbed of athlete hook-ups, and swimmer Ryan Lochte told ESPN last year that an estimated 70 to 75 percent of Olympians were having sex in the Olympic village.
Talking cognizance of increasing sexual activity in the Olympic Village, the International Olympic Committee had handed out about 100,000 condoms at the beginning of the Games.
“It’s like making the ingredients of a huge stew — a stew of sexual ingredients,” Kuriansky said. “There is stress, which causes tension, and anxiety and energy, and a massive outpouring of chemicals in the body — adrenaline and endorphins. It’s a powerful concoction of chemicals.”
“Everyone knows the runner’s high,” she said. “Olympian athletes certainly have it — it’s orgasmic.”
“Winners or losers, on top of the world or devastated, it tends to make you grab the moment — carpe diem,” she said. “This is your moment.”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Reportedly Prohibits Camilla Parker-Bowles From ‘Seeing Her Family’ And Newborn
- Ebola in US: Stock Surge for Pharmaceutical Companies Working on Vaccine
- MH370 Search Update: Was Reported That Experts Claim To Know The Possible Location; Suggest Authorities To Look ‘Further South In The Indian Ocean’
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy: Duchess Forced By The Queen To Be Out In The Public Again
- 5 Things You Should Know About House Training Your Pets
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots