Tinder Dating App Becomes a Rage at Sochi Winter Olympics; Olympic Village a Hotbed of Athlete Hook-Ups
By Keerthi Mohan | February 14, 2014 5:49 PM EST
Tinder has become extremely popular with athletes at Sochi’s Olympic Village, and an increasing number of Olympians are using the dating app to hook up, reports indicate.
American snowboarder Jamie Anderson recently revealed that the use of “Tinder in the Olympic Village is next level.”
“It’s all athletes! In the mountain village it’s all athletes. It’s hilarious. There are some cuties on there,” she told Us Weekly.
But the 23-year-old from Lake Tahoe, Calif., said she deleted her Tinder account after it became too distracting.
“There was a point where I had to be like, 'OK, this is way too distracting,'" she said of using Tinder. "I deleted my account to focus on the Olympics."
Tinder, according to its website, is a dating app that finds out the people who likes you nearby, and helps you to establish a connection with them if you are interested. It is among the fastest-growing dating apps, and it is not surprising that an increasing number of athletes are using it to hook up.
Traditionally, the Olympic Village has been a hotbed of athlete hook-ups, and swimmer Ryan Lochte told ESPN last year that an estimated 70 to 75 percent of Olympians were having sex in the Olympic village.
Talking cognizance of increasing sexual activity in the Olympic Village, the International Olympic Committee had handed out about 100,000 condoms at the beginning of the Games.
“It’s like making the ingredients of a huge stew — a stew of sexual ingredients,” Kuriansky said. “There is stress, which causes tension, and anxiety and energy, and a massive outpouring of chemicals in the body — adrenaline and endorphins. It’s a powerful concoction of chemicals.”
“Everyone knows the runner’s high,” she said. “Olympian athletes certainly have it — it’s orgasmic.”
“Winners or losers, on top of the world or devastated, it tends to make you grab the moment — carpe diem,” she said. “This is your moment.”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Fate of MH370, MH17 Trigger Mass Resignation of Crew in Malaysia Airlines
- ISIS $3 Million Daily Oil Revenues Fund Operations; Obama to Build International Coalition to Widen Assault
- British Cleric Accused of Urging James Foley Executioner; Predicted ISIS Will Fight in the West
- Amish Girls Abducted, Handcuffed And Used As Sex Slaves
- Boyfriend's Welcome Home Tribute In Candles Destroys His House
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected